• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone like collecting?

I collect action figures, Pokémon cards, and plushies. I guess you could also say I collect physical media as well because I still buy like BDs and DVDs but I'm not buying them to collect them, I'm buying them because I like to own TV shows and movies physically (I'd still call it a collection, I guess).

...I still buy like BDs and DVDs...
My son was telling me that virtual/on-line collections (like on Disney+) are constantly subject to revision due to current social sensibilities et al. even after you "own" them.

DVDs are the best way to go if you want them to remain unedited.

My son was telling me that virtual/on-line collections (like on Disney+) are constantly subject to revision due to current social sensibilities et al. even after you "own" them.

DVDs are the best way to go if you want them to remain unedited.
Not just that but you don't actually own anything on any streaming services like Disney+, Netflix, etc.

With the way rights for digital content are, something can just be taken down because the rights expired (or the company behind the streaming service just doesn't want to pay residuals anymore) and then it's not available on any streaming service anymore.

You don't have to worry about that when you buy something physically. Even if a license expires and a DVD or BD goes out of print, it's not going to be taken away from you. You own it.

New Threads

Top Bottom