• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hand flapping, jumping, and spinning!

AspieOtaku

Leader of the otaku legion!
When i get super excited even at my age i flap my hands, jump and spin esspecially when really happy, i squeel with a high pitched eeeee!! Sound too almost like a dolphin, do others do this? Is this normal if not im sorry i cant help it at times.

I think it's fairly common behaviour on the spectrum. I find I do hand flapping, finger drumming, loud noises, screaming etc. Especially when I feel overwhelmed with energy and or happiness.

Ed

I think it's fairly common behaviour on the spectrum. I find I do hand flapping, finger drumming, loud noises, screaming etc. Especially when I feel overwhelmed with energy and or happiness.

Ed
Certain sounds and songs get me excited, i handflap i get happy and jump and spin sometimes.

This song gets me to do it, it gets me so happy i want to jump, spin, and hand flap! Ill occasionally squeel like a dolphin with an Eeeeeeeeeeee! Sound i get so excited and happy.

Certain sounds and songs get me excited, i handflap i get happy and jump and spin sometimes.

With songs I find there's moments which get me over excited. At work I can't really go all out, but I let out what excitement I can.

Also, if a song is appealing I can have it on repeat for hours on end.

Ed

With songs I find there's moments which get me over excited. At work I can't really go all out, but I let out what excitement I can.

Also, if a song is appealing I can have it on repeat for hours on end.

Ed
At work I hold it in and hide it, if i dont they tell me to act my age and ask how old i am.

Im Autistic it is what it is some things i cannot help, but to fit in society without facing discrimination i have to hide myself.

We have a male bartender who screams and does sounds too. But our patrons like him so it is acceptable. You do find us in all kinds of jobs.

I do these things while im happy, i cant help it, i am sorry, i am who i am please dont hurt me, judge me or bully me accept it please i am sorry.

We have a male bartender who screams and does sounds too. But our patrons like him so it is acceptable. You do find us in all kinds of jobs.
ill have to visit that bar once this covid pandemic ends of course lol.My favorate bar and grill has been hurt by the pandemic, its a Star Wars themed bar lgbtq friendly the bartenders and owner know im Autistic, and are nice to me, i miss sitting down and watching star wars movies and sci fi movies like jurassic park there while i ate and drank, they had kareoke too.This covid killed the vibe, you can order food there and packaged cocktails to go and have to wear a mask entering.

Bouncing around the place, hand flapping and drumming my feet on the floor?
Yep. Definitely: how else would one let the happy out into the world?

Very common. However I don't do any of that. Goes to show there are always exceptions.

Although my lack of expression is also autism related. I am happy and or excited in my mind, but that is where it stays instead of being able to travel outward.

Last edited:
Yay lets jump, spin and flap our hands freely in a safe place out of the way of the general public, a safe space as you will.

New Threads

Top Bottom