• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Searching for participants for my dissertation - investigating sex differences in autism

LindumDiss

Hi :) I was just looking for participants for my dissertation. I'm investigating the role that gender plays in the stressors and coping mechanisms of autistic individuals. It consists of three questionnaires, and should take around ten minutes.

You're given the AQ-10 to start with, then a scale assessing your vulnerability to stress, then a scale that measures the extent to which you find certain things in life - such as parents, chores, money, cleaning - either an uplift or a hassle.

Anybody is welcome to participate, as long as you are above the age of 18. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you for reading!

Interesting intro, so I took the questionnaire. As a very literal person, I was bothered by the grammatical constructs arrived at when selecting a response, but hey that’s just me. Interesting, and it would be nice to see the results of this study.

Do you possess autistic personality traits? Why have you decided to focused on autism for your dissertation?

Done! Please share your results here with us when you’re finished working, OP, we’d all love to know the findings I’m sure🫶🏻

The ‘Hassle/Uplift’ line of questioning was new and and bit strange to me, but I think I got my head around it in the end😅

Out of interest: ahead of time, what is your hypothetical prediction?

I have filled in in but I find the same box for very low and not applicable odd. It makes it difficult for discriminate the answers IMHO.

New Threads

Top Bottom