• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you sub-conscience about the way you talk ?

GoofKing

All your bases are belong to us
I am, thanks to my dear loving family and brothers but people have told me that I have a speech impediment and cannot pronounce some words correctly.

My girlfriend has the same problem (She's an aspie) and I don't really notice it at all, in fact, I think she sounds cute in the way she talks :D We talked on Skype and I love her laugh. She also thinks I talk better than her, which isn't true because I have a serious speech impediment.

Are you guys sub-conscience about the way you talk and do you guys record your voice to see how it really sounds or try and work on it ?

Do you mean self-conscious? If so, then yes I've had this in the past (and maybe still do).

I had a very broad regional accent when I was little, and we moved to Wales where I was constantly told to speak clearly (which is a bit of a joke considering I had a Lancashire accent and was living in a country where spitting at people is part of the way you pronounce some of the words!!! :D )

So, I had a confused accent! Then, when I moved out of Wales I discovered I had a slight welsh accent. Now, its gone and I'm back to an English accent. Though it isn't Lancashire anymore but a mish mash of all sorts!!! :)

I sing nowadays, and am used to the sound of my voice. I can tolerate it as its not too bad nowadays, though I am not 100% comfortable with it really.

Yeah I had no idea what my voice sounded like. :D
I did a recording at home for my class, since I don't talk at school. So when I played back the recording, I was surprised by how deep my voice was. :)

I hate to hear myself talking.
My voice is fine,it's the rubbish i come out with that i hate.
Sounds fine in my head but somehow gets mangled on the way out lol.

A lot of times when I communicate I say exactly what I mean, only to notice later on that my speech has multiple meanings and a lot of times that totally cracks me up.

But other people are just too plain dumb to even understand what I really say. I can make fun of them all day and they are just too darn stupid to even get that.

Geez

I used to feel so self conscious about my voice but I started making videos and sending them to friends about day to day life when something funny happened because I felt a video captured it better than a photo and inevitably, my voice would be on it. As I have sent more and more, I am less self conscious about my voice and I'm quite used to it now :)

New Threads

Top Bottom