• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you young for your age?

I have been alife for 41 years but told I possibly look
erly 30s, but act 7-12 I am told.

Maybe its all the Pooh and Tigger I wear?

I am stuck at 7. I cannot change this.
Things that regular growedups do I can't.

I can only do electronics is the only growedup
thing I can do.

Other things is too hard.

But when you do electronics and people see your face, they will be astonished that you're definitely way older than 7.

I've always looked older. When I was 6 or 7 people would mistake me for being 12. When I was 13 or 14 people would ask me if I was married, how many children I had, stuff like that. First time I ever got IDed was in the US when I was pushing 40 (it was in an area where there was a lot of underage drinking and they had to ID everyone by law). I could have gone out to pubs when I was 13 and nobody would have considered carding me.

Mentally I'm still a kid though.

Yup --- looking old and behaving like an innocent kid --- that's cool! It's good that we can stay foolish to do a lot of great things we like without regard of societal limits.

But when you do electronics and people see your face, they will be astonished that you're definitely way older than 7.

Yes that is the only time.
They don't understand why I can do electronics
but I get distrackted and colour with crayons in
church, or when they talk growedup stuff I get
discrackted and start getting into things like
under the sink or digging in my pockets and
playing with my radio or other toys , hotwheels , etc
and they wonder why why why? I have to just
tell them I don't know. I have Tigger and Pooh on
my overalls because I always have, I don't want
plain clothes because I draw on them and tear them
up. I don't want to getr married how hard is that
to understand I ask peple who ask me that all the time.

Well its ok I can always walk over and draw on the wall.

Apart from having a social age of about 12, People say I look about 14. I suppose it helps me get away with some of my behavior.

New Threads

Top Bottom