• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have any personal "rules" that you go out of your way to follow?

Treat everyone with dignity and respect unless they've given a very good reason not to. Even if someone has given a good reason to treat them badly, forgive them if possible. Forgiving is not the same as forgetting - never forget.

Well, uh this isn't as deep or philosophical as some other answers here but I won't set my cowboy hat on a bed or down on its brim. It's bad luck or so at least my granddad says, I don't know if it's true or not. Either way, I won't do those two things.

Above.

One for me is not drinking alcohol during the day, 1 because of my Diabetes, and 2 because it makes me tired and sleepy.

Also, I try and avoid Political posts on the Internet, particularly International Politics, because I tend to get over involved and a bit upset.

And finally, female acquaintances, contrary to popular belief I am NOT gay, I've just never had a serious relationship with someone of the opposite gender, but I do respect women, like my former carer who left about a month ago, I did like her, a bit in THAT way even she had a child (that's not mine) and is loads too young me for me, she's nearly 22 I'm just turned 42.

So anyway, do you have any personal "rules" that you daren't break?
I don't really have any right now except being certain to take my medicines at night and in the morning. I know it's overly simplistic but that seems to be what my life is like right now.

Lots of good personal rules here. One of mine: assume the best in someone before assuming the worst.

Also at work:

Never complain about a problem without offering a solution.

When asking how to do something, include your best guess in your question. E.g., don't just ask "How do I do X?". Instead, ask, "Do I use A, B and C to do X?"

I don't drink alcohol or ever smoked cigarettes. My body is ruined enough as it is.
Laundry is done every Saturday and Sunday.
Bedroom carpet is vacuumed on Sunday.

That's about it. I've gotten sloppy, messy, and disorganized with nearly everything else and just get overwhelmed when I try to rearrange or clean it. :(

When trying to answer someone else's questions, don't just say "Use Google", actually try and help with genuine real time answers.

Some people on here would do well to follow the above.

Hanlons razor.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

See I for one just assume that everything is related to stupidity to begin with. I've worked retail before, you see, and been on the internet since it started existing.

Hell, I dont even use the word "people" much. I replace that with "idiots" most of the time, because I assume stupidity before anything else.

Unless I"m referring to children. Then I just use the word "rodents".

Hm, living up to my name with this post, arent I. I havent had caffiene yet today, can you tell?

Always pay bills straight away, and don't owe money.

This is probably some of the best I've seen so far. Something I struggle with sometimes. I have poor impulse control so I use a lot of tricks to control spending (I have 4 bank accounts in 3 different banks to control my money...and only 1 of those has a debit card attached). This is something I am constantly working on.

Oh, and I make sure that my two cats always have food and water, and once a week I empty all their kitty litter and replace it with the clean stuff. It would be awful If I didn't take care of their needs.:cryingcat::cryingcat:

New Threads

Top Bottom