• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

i might not have autism but severe anxiety instead

dadko20

i was diagnosed with autism but all my mental problems are anxiety related im on zyprexa medicine and its Godsent. it works soo good i feel calm composed less tensed less anxiety aand less horny and maybe tiny bit passive and sedated

I feel the same except the horny lol. I feel like the most damaging could be anxiety but also reactions of people who don't understand neurodiversity.

It would be good for you to understand why you received that diagnosis. The clinician would have seen things - lots of things - before slapping that tag on you. The fact that you aren't seeing autism as a problem doesn't necessarily mean that it's not a problem or that it hasn't been so. Do you have a report of some kind? Do you objectively disagree with what it says about you?

It's quite possible that your anxiety - which could be a totally separate issue - is so much of a factor for you that you see everything through its lens.

Keep in mind that some of us have extreme anxiety that professionals have deemed to be caused by autism. If one has extreme anxiety, it's worth it to ask "why?", because extremely high levels of anxiety don't always exist in a vacuum.

My wife had been diagnosed with depression for years, but when she finally got ADHD treatment she couldn't believe how good she felt. As it turns out, her depression was a manifestation of ADHD all along. Just food for thought!

I don't know, I think my anxiety is an actual anxiety disorder and the behaviours it causes is typically that of a person with anxiety disorder. My mother was NT but had stress and anxiety disorder, and depression and anxiety does seem to run in my family. I know my mother wasn't on the spectrum though. I belong to a Facebook group of people with GAD and SAD and I can relate a lot to them. Also I seem to express anxiety a lot on these forums (not saying nobody else does but I am often known here by my anxiety and wearing my heart on my sleeves, so I think my problem is having anxiety disorder on top of ADHD and Asperger's as well.

I get anxious about everything, not just sensory-related things or changes of routine that autistic people might typically get anxious about.

New Threads

Top Bottom