• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Incapable Of Dating

KevinMao133

This is a topic I been trying to keep wraps for a every long time and still don’t feel uncomfortable revealing

Do I lack emotional awareness? Am I not as intelligent as I thought?

As I start to ask those difficult questions, self doubt starts creeping in

I know I’m very capable and a very good person when I’m myself, when I’m relaxed but the public perception combined with ableism is slowly eroding my mind

I’m socially awkward, don’t like interacting with others. I also don’t like to put myself out there. Selling my soul is something I refuse to do

Prolonged isolation doesn’t help my mental health but I can’t really connect with others

It’s easy to befriend someone but it’s hard to be intimate

I don’t think I have the capacity of going on dates, or maybe I’m selling myself short

If you're making friends, then you're way ahead of me. I have gone a decade at a time without making any lasting friends. Attraction is a very mysterious thing. Dudes are expected to be rugged, assertive, confident, and athletic. However, there are all sorts of people in the world who are looking for every kind of partner, in theory. I'm not sure how to narrow that down. From a faith perspective, I feel like I'm in that place where, as epic nerd Rivers Cuomo said "The world has turned and left me". I'm directed to look for underprivileged people to relate to, like the poor, and especially the disabled, and I felt a lot of inspiration pursing the latter, and I only wish the relationship had lasted.

I think it would be amazing to meet some massively nerdy girl, to put up with me, and to take care of and look after her. But, as you say, it's difficult.

If you're making friends, then you're way ahead of me. I have gone a decade at a time without making any lasting friends. Attraction is a very mysterious thing. Dudes are expected to be rugged, assertive, confident, and athletic. However, there are all sorts of people in the world who are looking for every kind of partner, in theory. I'm not sure how to narrow that down. From a faith perspective, I feel like I'm in that place where, as epic nerd Rivers Cuomo said "The world has turned and left me". I'm directed to look for underprivileged people to relate to, like the poor, and especially the disabled, and I felt a lot of inspiration pursing the latter, and I only wish the relationship had lasted.

I think it would be amazing to meet some massively nerdy girl, to put up with me, and to take care of and look after her. But, as you say, it's difficult.

Man that’s my wish too

If a girl love me for who I am, I can feel it. I am typically affectionate towards those who are genuine. I only act defensive when I believe the intention isn’t genuine, they are pretending to be nice so they can get near me

New Threads

Top Bottom