• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is EMINEM autistic?

In my 14 years of posting on autism sites, ultimately every celebrity has been autistic.

As far as the individual mentioned in the original post, I don't even know who he is.
As for celebrities all being autistic, I don't see that. There are a few. There are others who have other conditions. It seems like several comedians have adhd but not necessarily autism. Bipolar is something else that seems to be common among actors, singers, artists, ect. But I would not say that all celebrities had had any of the above.

Ironically so far this site has allegedly had only a single member who anonymously claimed some degree of fame in being a singer/entertainer. They came for a time regularly posted and then like so many they simply vanished never to return. I often wonder if they were on the level, and if so who they really were.

As for those celebrities positively identified or claiming to be autistic, it has always struck me as a relatively small number of persons.

Eminem is one of those entertainers who claims to be autistic. Though that in itself does not make it a common neurological condition no matter what his fans or detractors may assume.

Though I still admit that I have a difficult time understanding the very concept of anyone who would falsely proclaim such a thing, let alone consider it "trendy" in some way. Simply put, it's not an easy existence for most if not all of us.

Last edited:
Not just on this site, other sites too.

So far here I've seen Cyndi Lauper, and Eminem, to be autistic but there's probably many others mentioned somewhere here that I haven't seen.

On the other site I seen mentioned Amy Winehouse, Joe Thomas (Inbetweeners actor), Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump, Hitler, Michael Jackson, Peter Kay, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Robin Williams, Macaulay Culkin, Kanye West, and I've probably missed loads more, plus all the ones I probably didn't see.

Being a popular celebrity involves a lot of pressure, which can lead to stress and drug addictions that many get involved in. I thought being a celebrity or politician like that involved a lot of social skills. Not saying no autistic person can be a celebrity, but not those. Susan Boyle is probably the only celebrity I know of who has actually been proven to be on the spectrum. And maybe Robin Williams, I don't know.
Maybe it's wishful thinking or fantasising, where autistic fans want their idols to be autistic too, to make them feel better about being autistic.

Is it autism that makes such people stand out, or just elevated fame and fortune gone wild?

Perhaps Cyndi Lauper may have figured it out a long time ago. ;)

I guess I'm a bit skeptical of the public sensationalizing autism in general. But it certainly doesn't exclude the notion that some of us really are on the spectrum, celebrities or not.

Whether we want to be or not....:oops:

Last edited:
I don't typically discuss thinking that someone may be autistic unless:

a. They have a diagnosis

b. They themselves claim to relate strongly with description of autism or

c. They frequently exhibit multiple stereotypical traits of autism

I don't know any celebrities personally and so I wouldn't really buy that they're on the spectrum unless it's blatantly obvious or if they're actually known to be diagnosed or looking to get a diagnosis. Otherwise, it's all just media sensationalism to me.

New Threads

Top Bottom