• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Life expectancy

Well it's the principle that bothers me. As if I think I'm already cursed enough as it is due to winning the 'genetic lottery', without hearing that it means an early death sentence too. Makes me more resentful of it.

Since I was on glutton-free diet my auto-immune didn't detect celiac, so seems reasonable since I am celiac that Im sickly early, celiac being model most studied for allergies......
I think everyone dises asd 3, despite being high functioning I always felt low IQ which became irony when I realised avg person was so dumb

Well this life expectancy myth seems to be centred around low-functioning autistic people, like most 'studies' are.
Some of us aren't clumsy. Some of us do have a sense of danger. Some of us do know how to look after ourselves. Some of us do feel physical pain and know when to see the doctor. There's no need to scare us all by naming a study "autism life expectancy" as though it's trying to say that autism is a disease that causes you to drop dead sometime in your 50s. It's more down to the individual and their life circumstances and functioning, not autism itself.

It's like when autistic people were apparently in the high priority group for the first covid vaccine, although thankfully I didn't get this priority and just had my first covid jab along with my age group. I read up on why autistic people were in a high priority group and it said that it was because autistic people are less likely to understand rules or understand basic hygiene.

This is why I'm glad I was diagnosed with Asperger's and not autism, which I assume is still on my medical records. This indicates that I'm more or less like a quirky NT and won't be treated like I'm a fragile 80-year-old with health problems or dementia.
If celiac wasn't noticed then less would be known about ASD
So high functioning could eat glutton and end up Candida and over stimm, wi

Without magnesium have less life energy. Interesting things I discovered in last few weeks on top of what said on forum with regard to vitamin deficiencies has opened my eyes

I wonder about this, I've had those prolonged exposure to extreme stress experiences and I've felt certain for years that this will shorten my life, and still believe this.

I sense it will be executive functioning issues that will contribute to my demise, not sure where exactly that comes from.

Yet when I look at my family tree, the people in the line where the *Autism runs clearest didn't have exceptionally shorter lives, quite average for their time. All things being relative, their stress levels must have been comparative.

When I look at the family lines they married I see more variation in length of life, it seems like a 'perfect storm' situation that created the conditions for a shorter lifespan, usually socio-economic factors combined with massive stressors like immigration.

*Death relating to childbirth and common causes of death eg pre antibiotics were relatively frequent throughout my tree, its impossible to know what their lifespans could have been.

Last edited:
Put this together years ago. A good friend of ours wife and I lost her husband last year just told us she is in hospital heart arrhythmia issues. This really bothers me as she currently 59 right on inflection point. I lost a very good friend years ago he was 59. both him and her are very bright had/have existing medical issues, like to second guess the doctors use their intelligence to control their medical issues. The predictive nature of my statistics bother me, ever since my stoke happened right on a infection point.

I can't believe I have lasted this long, given the amount of stress I have experienced in my life.
I think I got the longevity gene from my mother. :cool:

She is now 5 sigma 1 part per million of passing, as long as she follows doctors instructions, which historically she has not, she should be OK.

I can't believe I have lasted this long, given the amount of stress I have experienced in my life.
I think I got the longevity gene from my mother. :cool:
I should have passed from my stroke even my stats said this. Just an out of body experience.

New Threads

Top Bottom