• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Neighbours

Kayla55

What is your relationship with your neighbours?
Does your family make more noise than usual, do neighbours ever overhear the results of a meltdown?
If you have kids do you have to paint walls when you move, and do you think you loose more deposit than average?

Just trying to decide about rental statistics and autism

I'm living alone in a rented room in a building, and I have headphones, so I rarely do loud sounds. I know that one my neighbor is some old lady, because I had to talk to her so that she allowed me to connect to do something I need in order to get internet in my apartment, and thankfully she agreed, so I think she's kind. She has 1 small deaf dog and it barks often, she also often has her daughter bring her kids so they yell and laugh etc and I can hear all that. From another side lives some old couple with their own small barking dog, but I don't know them. From top I have a person who sometimes falls asleep in the night to watching loud tv, so I can hear that as well.
So I am surrounded by pretty loud people, but I'm sure it's not them being loud, it's walls in this building being very thin. I'm sure they can hear me laughing, when I talk with someone on a video call. They can also, I'm sure, hear me cry sometimes. But so far no one came or called a police on me, which is fine I guess :)

New Threads

Top Bottom