• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

On The Fringes...

Tell me more about trains, or your favorite train project? This was my favorite I added the power function remote control set up so I could make a few laps with it before I sold the whole collection of Lone Ranger sets
IMG_1108.jpeg
IMG_1107.jpeg

Here is my thread, though it is a fair bit to look through. At least two of the members of the site who added comments have sadly passed away, one having passed away yesterday (Bufferstop) and another about a month ago (Daniel). I will miss them. I am missing them already as both were just as important to the thread as the models I made (Or others have made and I have bought) are.

Llwyndrissi Halt. - New Railway Modellers Forums

It is worth looking through as I have been experimenting and making it up as I go along.

Your trains are interesting. Lego! :D

Is online people I had not met, but often spoke to. Daniel lived in Belgium I believe... He made amazing miniature scenes and I knew him on two model railway sites. Bufferstop (John) was a moderator on the site. I actually messaged Bufferstop over a post that a business had put up (Spam thing) and got no reply from him which was unusual. Another moderator removed the thread. Just thought it odd Bufferstop had not replied. And then yesterday heard that he had died. On the other model railway site someone else had died and we heard about it today from one of the members there. But Yelrow who was yet another member on the site on the link died a few days ago. He also will be missed. I thought he had commented on my thread but could not find it so he may have commented on another thread I wrote, or on another thread. He was also encouraging.

The hobby has a lot of elderly members interested so in a way it will happen, but it is one which is hard to prepare for.

Last edited:
I can understand that. I collect coins and that is an aging hobby. Lots of contacts and forum pals end their journey, even being semi prepared it hits hard sometimes. I tend to communicate more online than in person with most folks, so the various forum friends tend to be closer than in real life people I know.

New Threads

Top Bottom