• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

popping videos...

anyone else like watching this type of thing? the sac dep spa channel is possibly the best in terms of that woman's speed and technique, and the, uh, moneyshots i guess you could call them. it's not quite an obsession but once i start watching them it's very hard to stop.

I didn't even know what you were talking about until I looked it up. No, I could never enjoy watching those; I it would make me feel physically ill.

For those who don't know, they're apparently videos of closeups of pimples/zits being popped.

Squeamish Science

Why do people delight in objectively disgusting medical extractions, whether their own or a stranger’s behind a screen? There are several potential reasons:

• Dopamine: Against dermatological advice, many people pick at their skin routinely. This habit releases dopamine, the feel-good hormone. As a result, popping and picking—or watching someone else do it—brings on a cathartic rush of satisfaction.
  • Safe dangers: Advancements of society have kept most people out of morgues and hospitals on a day-to-day basis, causing humans to seek horror in other places. For the same reason we like roller coasters—they allow us to feel fear without real danger—watching gross extractions lets us experience disgust at a safe distance.
  • It’s soothing: Others claim that it’s relaxing to watch pus ooze from a bulbous growth. These people experience stress relief, their worries expelled from their minds like pus from a pimple. Some people even fall asleep to the soothing sound of pimple popping.
  • Brain-gasm: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a euphoric experience triggered by specific acoustic or visual stimuli. For many, pimple popping is one of these triggers! For these people, popping videos bring immense pleasure.
From a dermatological perspective, every doctor and practitioner is different. Some may enjoy these procedures more than others, but performing such procedures frequently makes it much less of a novelty.
The Art of Pimple Popping: Why People Love it, And How to Do it Right

A Sociologist Explains What It Means if You Enjoy Watching Pimple Popping Videos
Obsessed with popping pimples? Here’s why… | Benzac

Yikes I thought this thread was titled pooping videos but this is just as gross.
No thanks I’ll take a pass on this one.

We are primates. A lot of primates love grooming each other's fur, picking out nits or other parasites, or, in our case, popping zits - our own or other people's.

Last edited:
Think l lean towards competitive food eating over pimple popping. I enjoy seeing mounds of food slowly disappear. Seeing actual skin blemishes ooze isn't particularly cathargic, that's in the same category as anal fissues.

Competitive food eating grosses me out.

People jamming food in their mouths.
Gluttony.

I am not into seeing pus ooze, as entertainment, either.
I can see how it could be satisfying to a person, but no thanks.

There is a show called Dr. Pimple Popper, but that is surgical removal
of growths/tumors/lesions. Not just marathon pimple squeezing.
I looked at parts of a couple shows because I wondered how an
entire series could be based on squeezing pimples.

And it turned out that....it isn't.

I have always enjoyed popping pimples. There is actually a sub on Reddit called r/popping.

New Threads

Top Bottom