• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

Who didn't eat their Pollywaffle? :)

a4c9b8d2ff691ae4ba88047fcd0c99c5.jpg

This evening, at dusk, I took a walk. Flying overhead was a single dark bird periodically emitting a sound half way between a squeak and a squawk. It did not have a heron/egret silhouette. I am thinking now, duck. It was too dark for me to see colors.

But now, I’m winnowing down to some sort of duck.

It could be some sort of duck. 🤔 The vigorous wing-flapping is very duck-like. I listened to sounds of herons and it's not a heron. They are bigger too. I'm leaning towards duck now.

It could be some sort of duck. 🤔 The vigorous wing-flapping is very duck-like. I listened to sounds of herons and it's not a heron. They are bigger too. I'm leaning towards duck now.
Some herons and egrets are smaller…but I still think it’s a duck. I hope you’ll let us know.

OR: get the app MERLIN put out by Cornell University (world wide bird experts). Merlin will identify birds by sound, just using your phone’s microphone. I’ve been using it for a couple of years and it is marvelous.

I have been reading and listening to duck sounds and I'm almost 100% sure it is a duck. Not sure what type of duck 🤔 But I think it could be a mallard. So the mystery might be solved.
So many things we share even though across the ocean…mallard ducks being a common almost iconic duck here.

When I went canoeing in Sweden, I was amazed at how much it resembled the Canadian Shield area.

When I went canoeing in Sweden, I was amazed at how much it resembled the Canadian Shield area.

Sweden is nice, I have spent a lot of time there over the years. This is from one of my favorite places, Sweden's biggest lake and the third biggest lake in Europe, Vänern. There is even a castle there. A lot of canoeing going on in that lake. :)

1722029957386.png

1722030019747.png

Sweden is nice, I have spent a lot of time there over the years. This is from one of my favorite places, Sweden's biggest lake and the third biggest lake in Europe, Vänern. There is even a castle there.

View attachment 132771

View attachment 132772
Nordic people have been given such beautiful places to make up for the long winter. I can imagine living in that castle (actually, preferably a small wood cabin) in the summer with the gorgeous views, islands and bays.

Nordic people have been given such beautiful places to make up for the long winter. I can imagine living in that castle (actually, preferably a small wood cabin) in the summer with the gorgeous views, islands and bays.

Yeah I could easily live in that castle. It's a nice summer house. :D
But vacuuming and cleaning the windows is a nightmare.

So that is very interesting. Microsoft keeps putting pictures of lovely places all around the world on my monitor and I don't remember any from Serbia, but I was so taken by photos of Croatia, which I believe is right next door to you, that I signed up to get regular email mailings from their tourist office.

So that is very interesting. Microsoft keeps putting pictures of lovely places all around the world on my monitor and I don't remember any from Serbia, but I was so taken by photos of Croatia, which I believe is right next door to you, that I signed up to get regular email mailings from their tourist office.

Here's a lovely place in Serbia, Tara National Park. :)

1722080959914.png

1722081116511.png

Hard to believe people are that fool-hardy.
I was never interested in that sort of thing really, they're pretty dangerous and they're everywhere, their only saving grace in my eye is that they smell really bad so you know when one's nearby. (they fart a lot)

What prompted me to post that video was after watching a youtube video where an american was shocked by how much bigger than alligators they are. He pointed out in this video that the croc's head is as big as a human.

New Threads

Top Bottom