• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Root cause identified

Levitat0r

I don't know what happened to my other post on this topic. But anyway, I feel like I've solved an enigma leading to much introspection, and hopefully self-acceptance. What I began to notice is that I tend to look relatively normal to myself in posed portraits and in the mirror because I'm focused on looking at myself. I'm very regretfully a solitary creature, so I haven't had anyone to take much in the way of candid pictures. I did find that Android phones can be really slow, and what I saw is that I immediately get a distant cross-eyed gaze the moment the shutter makes me wait, because that's how my attention works. It works, it just works different, and "different" is exactly what people can't handle.

So, anyway, here's a picture of me petting a dog, and now I feel like I've solved the puzzle of why people treat me like I'm different. This is what I look like when I'm not intentionally exerting myself to look at myself. I can drive a car. I can drive a motorcycle. It's because those movements are really, really simple, and I have no trouble multitasking them. Socializing with people is vastly detailed and complicated, and I've concluded that if you look like this, people do not think kind things of you. It's very upsetting to me, because I don't see it as a big deal, but the consequences have been totally punishing.

Attachments

• IMG-20240707-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240707-WA0005.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 3
First of, welcome to this forum. You know, it’s always good to see new people being on here

I don’t know how to answer your post but I’m glad you have expressed yourself. I’m happy you are here, I’m sure others feel the same

I think I look the same when I'm enjoying myself. I don't even want to know 😭 and I think that's not a bad thing but I can like understand people being sort of wary of me because of it but what I don't understand is rudeness. Or treated like a child by people who don't understand autism or have their own anxiety or other problems they don't manage.

Btw I really love dogs, I would be the weirdest looking with them. But dogs love that.

And thanks to the biggest idiot that life produced I now know what I look like when I make love, thanks to another when I am getting my hair done in a salon, not like there aren't mirrors anyway. What can I say, I love people messing with my hair.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom