• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

A 12 year old Skoda.

NewCar.JPG

Wanting to get into fountain pens more I picked up an inexpensive refillable Ellington with a medium nib and bottle of black ink. I was so pleased with the disposable fountain pens I got earlier this week that I had to get a real one. After I get a chance to fill and test it I'll post a sample. Going to start a thread in the Interests section of the forum for my pen obsession.
IMG_20241017_172808894_HDR~2.jpg

This is the one I remember from when I was a kid, it was Washable. That meant you could wash the inevitable stains out of your shirt pockets. :)
I've been noticing as I look at inks online the very clear distinction on some with "washable" and "permanent". It's just my irrational mind but I was damn terrified just now filling that pen up. Being the first time and all. Yet I've done plenty of lab work with far more precise measurements of caustic chemicals and didn't feel nervous in the slightest. I think it was the thought in the back of my mind of potentially knocking over the jar of ink and just the ensuing mess.

I think it was the thought in the back of my mind of potentially knocking over the jar of ink and just the ensuing mess.
I used fountain pens all through primary school, managed to never make a mess from the bottle itself but absent mindedly fidgeting with the pen when you're bored isn't a clever idea. And sometimes they will just leak in your pocket, going from a cold desktop to a warm pocket has something to do with it I think.

I used fountain pens all through primary school, managed to never make a mess from the bottle itself but absent mindedly fidgeting with the pen when you're bored isn't a clever idea. And sometimes they will just leak in your pocket, going from a cold desktop to a warm pocket has something to do with it I think.
Talk about uncanny timing. The thought had just occurred to me before seeing your reply that "I better remember that I can't stim by twirling a fountain pen in my fingers like I am used to with my rollerballs". Safety first right?

That's why if you are carrying one in your pocket best to always keep it with the nib pointed upwards. That way if the ink does expand is less likely to come out. That being said even with rollerballs and disposable liquid ink pens I still can't count the number of pants and shirts I've stained over the decades.

New Threads

Top Bottom