• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I too old school?

Some cameras are being sold and marketed for video...
The Canon G7X is being advertised for, "Digital 4K Vlogging Camera and Vertical 4K Video Support." Oh, and it also takes still images, but no one cares about that, eh? The truth is that photographers who are on top of things have realized that their phones are as good as or better than the G7X for photos and won't bother buying one. The only reason the G7X is more useful for video is because the it has better storage options for video because mobile phone makers are deliberately crippling storage in their devices.

The Canon G7X is being advertised for, "Digital 4K Vlogging Camera and Vertical 4K Video Support." Oh, and it also takes still images, but no one cares about that, eh? The truth is that photographers who are on top of things have realized that their phones are as good as or better than the G7X for photos and won't bother buying one. The only reason the G7X is more useful for video is because the it has better storage options for video because mobile phone makers are deliberately crippling storage in their devices.

As I've said on here before, and to other people... I just prefer the feel of actually handling a camera vs. using a cell phone... It's something tactile to me

It's something tactile to me
I think the best camera to use is the one that inspires you to use it. If that means humping a 4x5 view camera up the side of a mountain then I salute you. I think those photographers who take the craftsman approach to photography will always be picky about their tools. For those who just want a quick and dirty image, expensive point-and-shoot cameras have become a losing proposition when you consider the quality and versatility of mobile phone cameras.

Speaking of Canon point-and-shoots, I bought a Canon G1-X over a decade ago as it was the first pocket camera of theirs to feature an APS-C sized sensor that produced marvelous images. It was a great camera then and now and I still enjoy using it every so often.

I have gotten a lot of great images with it over the years and expect to get many more.

New Threads

Top Bottom