• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some Spring Photos

WhitewaterWoman

V.I.P Member
CarolinaJessamine.jpg

Carolina Jessamine is the first new flower to bloom in spring. This is the very first open bloom from January 26, 2024. This is at least a week early.

FernUnfurling.jpg

Fern unfurling. The reddish color protects the new growth from predators. It will all turn green once it is mature.

MapleSpring.jpg

Maple leaves unfurling.

SoldierOrchid.jpeg

Soldier Orchid blooming in grass. It is scattered all through this area.

ResurrectionFern.jpg

Resurrection Fern. We've had a lot of rain, so it is fully expanded.

Mushrooms.jpeg

Mushrooms. I do not know its name.

MossLichens.jpg

Mosses and Lichens. I love the different colors of green.

Happy Spring!

Spring? :laughing: We're still mid-winter here in Alberta, spring never arrives here until April, and it's not uncommon to have snowfall (even big ones) in April and May

A photo from last weekend, far more winter to come here yet...

Cover Photo 22.jpg

Nice. We are still at least 4 months away from Ladyslipper Orchids making their appearance around me. Pic from last year at Houdek Dunes.

20230528_101039.jpg

Thank you for sharing, nice to be reminded how much I love spring, we still have more winter to come here - but spring will come :)

Beautiful photos.
We live in the same state, so I'm familiar with those.
The resurrection fern is amazing on the big tree branches.
My Soap aloe is blooming nicely now and assorted Kalanchoes.

soap_aloe.jpg

Spring seems so far away in time at the moment. <sigh>

But then if it's anything like last year it may last less than two months. When an overstayed winter nearly morphs right into a premature summer.

Beautiful photos.
We live in the same state, so I'm familiar with those.
The resurrection fern is amazing on the big tree branches.
My Soap aloe is blooming nicely now and assorted Kalanchoes.

View attachment 126173
Those are beautiful. I have two kinds of aloe, but none have ever bloomed. Have you tasted the sap from your soap aloe? It vegetative part looks a lot like one I got from the Kampong and it is supposed to have a pleasant taste.

Thank you all for the positive comments.

Judge, I remember long, long midwest and northeast winters and how February dragged on and on. By March there might be some nice days but there could still be a snow storm in April. I agree it is depressing and part of the reason I no longer live in that climate.

Those are beautiful. I have two kinds of aloe, but none have ever bloomed. Have you tasted the sap from your soap aloe? It vegetative part looks a lot like one I got from the Kampong and it is supposed to have a pleasant taste.

Thank you all for the positive comments.

Judge, I remember long, long midwest and northeast winters and how February dragged on and on. By March there might be some nice days but there could still be a snow storm in April. I agree it is depressing and part of the reason I no longer Ilive in that climate.
I think with our warmer weather in the day and cool at night the sap will soon be running in the sugar maple trees.

One more winter photo from today, this is where I work right now in a full scale construction zone, in other areas nearby of course... At present there is nothing to stop for...

Cochrane Snow 01.jpg

I find the photos of snowy scenes quite chilling!

Here are some more photos as spring progresses:

Key Lime Blossoms
KeyLieBlossoms.jpeg

Lizard Tail
LizardTail.JPEG

Peach Blossoms
PeachBlossoms.JPEG

Mango blossoms
Mangoblossoms.JPEG

Carolina Jessamine in full bloom. The scent wafts over the woods and fields.
carolinajessamine.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom