• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When A.I. Generated Art Becomes Something You Cannot Unsee

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Have you created something using AI, with too many fingers, or extra legs?

Or perhaps the AI art generator took something really happy that you envisioned and turned it into something nightmarish?

Or just something plain funny that you can't stop laughing at?

Or something else that you wish you could unsee?

Post it here.

I recently discovered online A.I. art generators. You can make a few for free on some websites before a paywall goes up.

This morning, I used an A.I. Art Generator to attempt to visualize two characters in a story I am brainstorming on writing.

So what this is supposed to be is a sailor captain and a selkie, as they go off to battle sirens and mermen and the Seal King himself.

I have a concept for a variation on the old legend Celtic and Scandinavian Legend: "The Selkie Bride".

I assumed I had typed in the prompts carefully. I mentioned gender, time period, physical features, and also that I wanted it in the Pre Raphaelite Art Style.

It kicked back a muscle dude from the late 1980s who I'm going to assume is naked under that sheet, and his fugly pregnant wife/boyfriend. Poor sea lass either has an Ovarian or Thyroid condition... or she's been layin' a little heavy into the Tribulus Terrestris, which her flasher boyfriend accepts.

They aren't even on the main ship. I'm assuming this means that Captain Exhibitionist was marooned on a dinghy with his selkie bride. Perhaps the crew mutinied after being flashed one too many times. At least they were kind enough to give him a blanket.

Anyway... Feast your eyes on an AI art failure.

1705261657791.png

One thing I can say... that's some cool jewelry. And the hair!

Another thing, it is a really well put together image, and could tell a great story.... just not the one I was envisioning, at all.

Last edited:
I've been using AI in general for a LONG time at this point, so for the most part I get what I want out of it. Particularly as they've gotten more advanced. I could show a lot of rather messed up horror things, really, and most are exactly what I asked it for.

But here's some that immediately came to mind:

Click on the sides of that to see the others.

That first one is the single strangest thing it ever gave me. Ya see that guy with the weird cereal box later in that set? I tried to get it to iterate on that (because how could I NOT try to iterate on that one), and out of nowhere, it spat out... whatever that is. I have no idea why, or where that came from.

It never did anything like that again. Just that one time.

The horrible clawed monster thing is recent. That one was quite the success. The others are from older versions.

Beyond the horror stuff, most of what I make will use things I drew myself as sort of a base, or to "steer" the style, or both, so I end up with a lot of things that go far away from the traditional "Midjourney look". I figure if I'm gonna make stuff, I'll make it out of stuff I made. Because yes.

How strange, the generator seems to have placed the more classically feminine face on the more beefed up male figure. Yet both seem to have facial hair. I wonder if the AI has been getting a lot of prompts for trans characters and your prompt was just similar enough for the AI to generate some gender nonconforming subjects?

The other possibility is that I've heard that with some online RPGs It was quite common to create characters that were very ambiguous in terms of their sex/gender. Perhaps people have been trying to get the AI to produce avatars and again the AI has predicted a kinda fantasy aesthetic similar to the art style and themes in the RPGs?

An instant classic
If it's AI, you expect this was generated from some relatively simple and conceptual prompt like "The rock eating rocks", but you get a delirious fever dream of some muscled monster stuffing rocks into a non-specific hole in his face. You have to figure "Yes, this is the technology I want thinking for people, substituting for Natural Intelligence, and making critical decisions like whether to actuate brake pedals". And you know that when money talks, the temptation is there forever to cram this genie into everywhere he doesn't belong, because that's what it means to be competitive and irresponsible, which sums up society's economics IMO.

If it's AI, you expect this was generated from some relatively simple and conceptual prompt like "The rock eating rocks", but you get a delirious fever dream of some muscled monster stuffing rocks into a non-specific hole in his face. You have to figure "Yes, this is the technology I want thinking for people, substituting for Natural Intelligence, and making critical decisions like whether to actuate brake pedals". And you know that when money talks, the temptation is there forever to cram this genie into everywhere he doesn't belong, because that's what it means to be competitive and irresponsible, which sums up society's economics IMO.
Yes, it seams that AI is Neurodivergent too! :smilecat:

Pretty sure that video wasnt exactly taken seriously by whoever created it, and it's also 8 months old, using a tech that isnt exactly ready for the prime time. Even Midjourney doesnt yet offer a video-related function. I actually cant quite tell just which AI was used for it.

Here, I'll give a bit of contrast, with one I did myself:

That one was made using a combination of Kaiber (for the video) Midjourney (producing the image that I then fed into Kaiber), and the MJ creation is the result of a very, very long string of iterations that all began with one of my own drawings that I fed into it (and then later I used more drawings of mine to bend the style). The final result is pretty much what I wanted out of it, the original image I gave it reimagined into watercolor with flowing hearts and such. The only issue is the weird hand that appears for no reason for a second or two but I'm too lazy to go fix that, and the video is merely a test in any case. The video was also meant to work within Kaiber's current abilities, rather than trying to push it outside of what I know it to be able to do well. These things right now aint good at like, action and large amounts of movement. And it also depends on which AI is being used.

As it is that bloody video took a long time to do, and is built off a veritable archive of images that came before it, or were inserted into the process of getting the final image (which can be seen briefly at the start of the clip).

There's always more to the story, and things often aint as simple as they might first appear.

This was supposed to be a kitten with an AK-47
kitty.jpeg

This was supposed to be a man in a breechcloth sitting on an airplane wing
Screenshot_20230728-112801_Chrome.jpg

This is supposed to be my granddaughter. Ok, not AI. So sue me.
Screenshot_20240101_122352_FamilyAlbum.jpg

This was supposed to be a wedding cake with a heart on it.
_08fc2ad4-fe33-4806-a89e-c12e5634bb96.jpeg

This was exactly what I asked for: a pair of wolves dining in a 5 star restaurant
wolfies.jpeg

Lesson Learned: Do it the old fashioned way and sketch out your concept art yourself.

craiyon generates 9 images using a prompt of your choice, and as with most of these AI art generators you should be as specific as you can to get something close to what you want.

Using the prompt "mutant cockroach humanoid, super buff", here's one of the images I got:

craiyon_193057_mutant_cockroach_humanoid__super_buff.png

Yeah, looks like you're going to need more than pest control to take this one down.

Using another generator, hotpot.ai, and the prompt "well dressed cat smoking a cigar", here's what I got for that:

8-VlLdTnlHtv2ZUJ2.png

Classy.

Here's the links to both websites I used:

https://www.craiyon.com/
AI Art Generator - AI Image Generator API

Last edited:
I don't understand the point of AI "art". Why should I bother to look at something that someone else couldn't be bothered to create on their own? Yes, it will be used a lot in advertising, but I'm also great at avoiding looking at that.

craiyon generates 9 images using a prompt of your choice, and as with most of these AI art generators you should be as specific as you can to get something close to what you want.

Using the prompt "mutant cockroach humanoid, super buff", here's one of the images I got:

View attachment 124534

Yeah, looks like you're going to need more than pest control to take this one down.

Using another generator, hotpot.ai, and the prompt "well dressed cat smoking a cigar", here's what I got for that:

View attachment 124535

Classy.

Here's the links to both websites I used:

https://www.craiyon.com/
AI Art Generator - AI Image Generator API
Looks like you found your character designer for your next video game.

New Threads

Top Bottom