• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

700c Univega bike restoration

agateboy

not too sure what's going on
I have recently obtained a chormoly Univega road bike frame. These style of bike have always piqued my interest and now I have to opportunity to build one! The color scheme will be based off the original colors which are white/purple/and pink.

However I will be adding a lot more chrome and po
polished aluminum to the mix. I am excited to see how it turns out. This is a picture of the frame and wheels I will be using. I think I am going to paint the rims pink and get some chrome spokes as well

Attachments

• IMG_20240909_151410170.jpg
    IMG_20240909_151410170.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 11
I love steel frames like that. It looks like you are starting a really fun project. Good luck.

It's cute even so, can't wait to see the finished product and shiny parts. The seat leathers mix is wild 🐗

I hope you will be doing more than just adding bling. Things to check are the bottom bracket, headset, rear bearings and cassette, derailleurs, etc.

Couldn't help but notice the center-pull brakes. Nice.
On my ICE Trike, I have Sturmey Archer (front) hubs with drum brakes. I can confidently say that these are bomb proof. l have had a car hit a wheel and bend an axle and except for that there was no damage. I like center pull brakes because when changing a wheel or doing work, they make it easy to center the wheel.

On my ICE Trike, I have Sturmey Archer (front) hubs with drum brakes. I can confidently say that these are bomb proof. l have had a car hit a wheel and bend an axle and except for that there was no damage. I like center pull brakes because when changing a wheel or doing work, they make it easy to center the wheel.
Oh yeah. I was once quite a good bike mechanic myself, but even on my high quality Miyata ten-speed, it still had good, but side-pull caliper brakes. I always kept them adjusted to optimize braking, as well as always keeping the spokes adjusted to allow for near-perfect wheel rotation to barely clear my caliper brakes.

But .....lol in a nutshell they never had the gripping power of good center-pull brakes.

Drum brakes....wild! Very cool....:cool:

Oh yeah. I was once quite a good bike mechanic myself, but even on my high quality Miyata ten-speed, it still had good, but side-pull caliper brakes. I always kept them adjusted to optimize braking, as well as always keeping the spokes adjusted to allow for near-perfect wheel rotation to barely clear my caliper brakes.

But .....lol in a nutshell they never had the gripping power of good center-pull brakes.

Drum brakes....wild! Very cool....:cool:
And, now, a lot of good builds are going with disk brakes. Very strong and not susceptible to fade in wet conditions, unlike caliper brakes.

New Threads

Top Bottom