• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A cartoon made in your country

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
Name a cartoon you like that was made in your country? Mine was ReBoot. It was the first 3D animated full 30 minute running cartoon ever made. I found the cartoon more funny during my adult life after I understood many computer terminology after taking computer programming. Below is the first episode

I also include a playlist below for all seasons

Reboot - 1ª Temporada - YouTube

Reboot - 2ª Temporada (Second Season) - YouTube

Reboot - 3ª Temporada (Third Season) - YouTube

Reboot - 4ª Temporada (Forth Season) - YouTube

I liked the idea behind Reboot, but never got around to watching it all that much. I think it's a bias I have against the 3d animation, it felt so weird to me. I also didn't quite understand why users (meaning humans) were portrayed as bad guys and how the reboot crew basically had to cheat to beat them.

As for Portuguese cartoons, I didn't know they even existed. I found one through Google though:
Nutri Ventures - Episodes - YouTube

Fair enough. I didn't understand much of the cartoon for Reboot during my childhood but liked the animation. After watching the show again during my adult life I learned the show was geared to people who understand computers. They did lots of great jokes but if you don't know much computer terms it would be hard to find it funny.

I had trouble finding a full episode of Nutri Ventures but saw an intro of it and seems interesting.

Bob's Burgers (like lots of U.S. produced cartoon shows, a lot of the animation is probably outsourced to South Korea though):

I only know of Bob's Burgers because Eugene Mirman is a regular on Neil deGrasse Tyson's StarTalk Radio. (I can't watch the video because, y'know, crappy connection and all :P ). I am a fan of his stand-up, though. He has a great routine in which he says God is a 12-year-old boy with Aspergers (probably really, really offensive to almost everyone here, but I found it hilarious).

Bob's Burgers (like lots of U.S. produced cartoon shows, a lot of the animation is probably outsourced to South Korea though):

Thanks for sharing. I watch the first 2 minutes and I like it. It hard for me to find good modern cartoons I like but seems you have good taste for this one.

There's also Axe Cop, which is actually animated in the U.S.:

I don't know about Japanese animators working on Disney cartoons, but some of the Rankin-Bass animated movies from the 70s and 80s like The Last Unicorn were animated at a studio in Japan called Topcraft, which was purchased by Hayao Miyazaki after he worked with the studio on Nausicaa and turned into Studio Ghibli.

I don't know about Japanese animators working on Disney cartoons, but some of the Rankin-Bass animated movies from the 70s and 80s like The Last Unicorn were animated at a studio in Japan called Topcraft, which was purchased by Hayao Miyazaki after he worked with the studio on Nausicaa and turned into Studio Ghibli.
That is an interesting bit of trivia I did not know about...in fact, I had no idea that The Last Unicorn was a Topcraft production, though that's probably just me not paying the slightest bit of attention. :P

I only know of Bob's Burgers because Eugene Mirman is a regular on Neil deGrasse Tyson's StarTalk Radio. (I can't watch the video because, y'know, crappy connection and all :p ). I am a fan of his stand-up, though. He has a great routine in which he says God is a 12-year-old boy with Aspergers (probably really, really offensive to almost everyone here, but I found it hilarious).

Tina (the older sister who wears glasses) on Bob's Burgers actually sets off my aspie radar a bit.

Another good one

New Threads

Top Bottom