• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A little about me

Cutesie

Hi, all. It's a bit hard for me to write much, because I'm anxious like I haven't been for a while, and because I'm feeling shy, but I'll try.

It's been over a decade since discovering the possibility that I have autism of some kind. It's all mixed up with a lot of other issues, making understanding who I am intensely confusing. So far, I'm still only diagnosed with anxiety and depression.

I'm now in my mid-30s, wasting my life and hating it. In order to find treatment that would actually do something, I ended the relationship with my last therapist. I'm not on meds, but could probably use some.

Trying to get through the process of finding treatment leads to some of the worst anxiety that I have. I'm not giving up, but it's hard not to do so.

Let's say for now that my gender is male. I actually love to write and to help people, having recently gained a tremendous amount by participating in a forum for a different issue.

Welcome, @Cutesie

I can relate to anxiety and depression. I've lived with a insane amount of anxiety for most of my life. Depression for only a portion of that.

But Autism is a whole other animal. Not a mental illness, but a neurological condition. Something we cannot help, and really cannot suppress with meds. In truth, suppressing our ASD is the most unhealthy thing we can do. It's basically stop ourself, from being who we really are.

Though it doesn't change that many of us still mask, to hide said Autism all the same. Though it's a symptom of a bigger problem that plagues us through interaction with the world. That due to our executive disfunction, we are seen as strange by NTs. A strange person, in a world built for NTs by NTs. Leaving us NDs to twist on the wind. Confused. Feeling like aliens.

In anycase. I hope you find what you are looking for here. There are plenty of nice folks and plenty of threads to read.

I looked around and even tried commenting. The site, at least on my cell phone, is glitchy in a way that would make using it improbable. Typing is somehow slowed down. The ads jumping around disturb my focus. When I had already written most of the comment, an ad jumped into my finger's path, causing me to click on it. When I got back, my draft was gone. I'm not writing to complain but to explain why you may not see me become active here.

I looked around and even tried commenting. The site, at least on my cell phone, is glitchy in a way that would make using it improbable. Typing is somehow slowed down. The ads jumping around disturb my focus. When I had already written most of the comment, an ad jumped into my finger's path, causing me to click on it. When I got back, my draft was gone. I'm not writing to complain but to explain why you may not see me become active here.
You can install ublock addon on your mobile browser. Or buy here a Vip, it removes ads as well.
Also, welcome to a forum. Never give up, whatever you do, however hard it is - just keep going.

Most people seem to have a better experience using a browser with an ad blocker or by becoming a VIP member, which will remove all ads.

Anxiety, depression and other possible comorbid considerations that go with autism. Sounds like you've come to the right place to explore the possibilities.

Welcome to the Autism Forums.

I see two annual and two Lifetime.

I don't know why there are two of each.
Maybe because one is for personal purchase and the other is for Gifting?

New Threads

Top Bottom