• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A little cat post

AuroraBorealis

AuuuuuDHD
This isn't a question, just something sweet.

We just moved our elderly cat to our new apartment in another city yesterday. We've observed her being more attached than usual to us in the last few weeks, what with all the changes going on. She started sleeping with us in bed at night.

But since last night in the new place, she literally hasn't left my lap, unless I got up. And even then she sometimes plainly refused to get off, unless I gently pushed her. And while I stand or move around, she follows me, seeming to wait for me to sit down again so she can resume curling up on my lap. She's calm there, curls up, purrs and sleeps.

While I do feel sorry for her that she's obviously stressed about the move, it's really sweet knowing that I seem to be her ultimate safe place. Apparently, in previous moves long ago, she used to hide a lot right after the move. It's touching to me that, this time, she seems to "hide" from the new scary place all day on my lap.

I feel lucky that she loves and trusts me so much. I feel a bit bad for my partner, who's a bit upset about her so obviously choosing me as her safe space, although she's been his cat far longer. But I also feel very lucky.

That sounds sweet. It is nice when you have a cat that likes sitting on your lap.

This isn't a question, just something sweet.

We just moved our elderly cat to our new apartment in another city yesterday. We've observed her being more attached than usual to us in the last few weeks, what with all the changes going on. She started sleeping with us in bed at night.

But since last night in the new place, she literally hasn't left my lap, unless I got up. And even then she sometimes plainly refused to get off, unless I gently pushed her. And while I stand or move around, she follows me, seeming to wait for me to sit down again so she can resume curling up on my lap. She's calm there, curls up, purrs and sleeps.

While I do feel sorry for her that she's obviously stressed about the move, it's really sweet knowing that I seem to be her ultimate safe place. Apparently, in previous moves long ago, she used to hide a lot right after the move. It's touching to me that, this time, she seems to "hide" from the new scary place all day on my lap.
That is so sweet. Just give her lots of hugs and strokes to emphasize that you love her as much as she loves you.
I feel lucky that she loves and trusts me so much. I feel a bit bad for my partner, who's a bit upset about her so obviously choosing me as her safe space, although she's been his cat far longer. But I also feel very lucky.
Although I have RSD, strangely enough I have never actually felt RSD from the behaviour of animals.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom