• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Weird Observation I Found

KevinMao133

They say exercise helps with weight loss but I have gained weight since I began my exercise regime

I feel fatter than before, or maybe I’m self conscious

Anyways, anyone feel they are fatter since they started exercising? Can’t be just me right, no way man

You are probably building muscles by exercising. You might be weighing more than before, but you are replacing fat weight with muscle weight, which is better for your health in the long run.

That, and/or your body is holding onto water weight.

Have you been tracking what you are eating as well? While exercise does help you lose weight, what really matters is how many calories you are eating/losing/burning.

That happens if you don't eat right. Unfortunately it's not as simple as working out equals weight loss. You'll actually gain more fat from working out if you eat the wrong type of food. But is it fat or muscle that makes you heavier? If you have gained muscle you will of course be heavier.

That happens if you don't eat right. Unfortunately it's not as simple as working out equals weight loss. But is it fat or muscle? If you eat the wrong food you can gain fat while working out. If you have gained muscle you will of course be heavier.

I have always struggled with BDD but somehow it’s getting worse

I’m dealing with a lot of bloating as well as digestion issues so it might be that

That happens if you don't eat right. Unfortunately it's not as simple as working out equals weight loss. But is it fat or muscle? If you eat the wrong food you can gain fat while working out. If you have gained muscle you will of course be heavier.
Reminds me of my once morbidly obese cousin. Who went on weight-watchers to become "petite" after a lifetime of being overweight. She's quite careful of what she eats and how much. And to my knowledge hardly exercises at all. Go figure.

She proved her doctors all wrong who blamed it on her thyroid.

Last edited:
I have always struggled with BDD but somehow it’s getting worse

I’m dealing with a lot of bloating as well as digestion issues so it might be that

You might want to take a closer look at what you eat. If you are lifting weights, it's very important to eat right. If you don't, you'll gain fat. It would be so great if we could work out and then eat cake and wash it down with beer and more cake, because we worked out so it's ok. But that doesn't work.

Last edited:
You might want to take a closer look at what you eat. If you are lifting weights, it's very important to eat right. If you don't, you'll gain fat. It would be so great if we could work out and then eat cake and wash it down with beer and more cake, because we worked out so it's ok. But that doesn't work.

Rice, chicken, just regular stuff

I’m not eating anything overly spicy nor am I eating it in huge portions

If you do a quick google search, you'll find tons of tips and info from professionals about the right thing to eat when working out. And when to eat and how much.

I used to walk nearly 2 miles to work 5 days a week, and had a very physical job so I was on my feet a lot, working up a sweat and an appetite, yet I didn't lose any weight.
Then in 2020 during lockdown I started dieting more but exercising less, and I lost weight so quickly. So I don't bother with exercise now. It's a waste of energy if you are planning on losing weight, and the best thing to do is just cut down what you eat and watch your daily calorie intake.

I used to walk nearly 2 miles to work 5 days a week, and had a very physical job so I was on my feet a lot, working up a sweat and an appetite, yet I didn't lose any weight.
Then in 2020 during lockdown I started dieting more but exercising less, and I lost weight so quickly. So I don't bother with exercise now. It's a waste of energy if you are planning on losing weight, and the best thing to do is just cut down what you eat and watch your daily calorie intake.

That's a good point, a good rule of thumb to remember is that if we consume more energy/calories than we expend, we'll gain weight. No way around it.

They say exercise helps with weight loss but I have gained weight since I began my exercise regime
Exercise simply burns calories. It's the total caloric intake vs. calories burned that determines whether one loses weight. Eating too much more than before the exercise started and burning fewer calories than before during non-exercise activity (such as cleaning the house) can cause you to gain weight despite exercising.

The trick is to choose an amount and type of exercise that doesn't make you very hungry. High-intensity cardio tends to leave people ravenous. Also it helps to scheidule exercise just before a meal so that you don't end up eating between meals to fight the hunger brought on by the exercise.

Anyways, anyone feel they are fatter since they started exercising? Can’t be just me right, no way man
I have felt fatter at timesbecause I was bloated and because my perception changed after I'd been watching media that features lots of thin people. However, I was not actually fatter. The fit of my clothing and the numbers on the scale showed me that.

New Threads

Top Bottom