• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody play Multiplayer Strategy games?

Persevero

It's been a long time since I managed to find playing partners for these types of games. Most recent ones I have:

Turn Based Strategy
Civilization V: Brave New World
Endless Legend
Warlock 2
VASSAL [Program that lets you play Warhammer 40K online]

Real Time Strategy
Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

Older games:
Dawn of War (1): Soulstorm
Heroes of Might & Magic III and V
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance [never played, part of a Steam deal]
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

I did like WarCraft 2 and 3 and wished they never made WoW. It like they not concerned of the original WarCraft that helped build their business. Though I know WoW is popular, it seems the old loyal customers are not important anymore.

Age of Empire is another game I liked.

The Penguin: I wouldn't go so far as to say I wish they never made WoW, but I am also disappointed with some of their decision on the universe's lore and I'd love to see an updated Warcraft III

I loved the first Age of Empires (and lost the CD :( ), played only a little of 2 but it was great as well. Never owned that one though.

Etzelaire: I'd definitely says that counts as a turn based strategy game yes. But for Chess I'd rather have live opponents to compensate for its lack of visual engagement, plus I'd be more likely to find someone who doesn't take it seriously in real life as well. I did try to really get into it briefly but I'm too mentally clumsy for it.

Harrison54: I'd say that's more in the simulator genre but yes tactics and strategy end up playing a huge part in that as well!

I wouldn't go so far as to say I wish they never made WoW, but I am also disappointed with some of their decision on the universe's lore and I'd love to see an updated Warcraft III
I guess. It seems lot of the games out there now is different than my childhood. But I just need to express what I feel.

New Threads

Top Bottom