• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone know the entire process to pressurize the heating system

All-Rounder

No fear of depths and great fear of shallow living
V.I.P Member
So a while ago I had a plumber in and he explained to me the process, I somewhat remember but I'm not sure what order it is in.

So for my gas heating system he said first I turn it off and maybe wait til the water cools down? Or not?

Then in some order do I shut off the cold or hot water? And at what point do I turn the pressure tap on? And he said that if everything is okay with my heating system the water will not pour out the kitchen tap when the kitchen tap is turned on.

He said my heating system is vulnerable old style and it would be safest to follow these steps. How do I do these steps?

Pressurised Central Heating Systems

How does a pressurised central heating system work?

A pressurised type of central heating system operates in a similar fashion to a combi boiler. Mains water is heated directly, rather than in a hot water tank, which means a reduction in wastage while saving space over conventional systems. However, the pressurised system is different to the combi boiler as water is heated via a water cylinder, rather than the boiler itself.

A small unit that can be neatly fitted into the home, a water cylinder is a tank that heats water as it passes through. The result is that hot water can be run at mains pressure from multiple taps at once, which is much more suitable for large properties.

Before we give this system too much praise, though, you must know there are two distinct disadvantages to operating this type of central heating system in your home:

1. Pressure systems are expensive to install and maintain. Due to their nature, they must be checked annually. Their complex design also means installation processes are more detailed than other methods, required highly-qualified plumbers that charge higher rates. They are a long-term cost.

2. If your local mains pressure is weak, this system will be a poor choice. Reliant on external factors beyond your control, installation of pressurised systems in a low-pressure area is not a good idea.

Have not dealt with this since I ran a rooming three story house felt like being in a sub when pressure released fixing system. lots of radiators. happy my current home has electric heating. No furnace, no oil, no gas no problems.

Have not dealt with this since I ran a rooming three story house felt like being in a sub when pressure released fixing system. lots of radiators. happy my current home has electric heating. No furnace, no oil, no gas no problems.
What's electric heating? Like electric heating system?

I have an electric radiator in case it gets too cold. Got it before when mom was obsessed with heater in the winter running extremely low. 🥶 the problem was i couldn't sleep with it as it was high danger of fire while sleeping

@All-Rounder - Can you contact the plumber and ask him/her to write down the steps you need to follow in order to deal with the system?
I could but that often runs the risk he wants to come over and will charge me and it's expensive. And I don't want to mess with him unless something is really wrong because they are extremely rare here, barely found him.

I have an electric radiator in case it gets too cold. Got it before when mom was obsessed with heater in the winter running extremely low. 🥶 the problem was i couldn't sleep with it as it was high danger of fire while sleeping
Those portable we are dangerous red hot elements. MIne are rads wired into the the house 220 volts no elements heated to red hot. just radiant heat, each room controlled individually. Never had an issue. House has 100 amp service Province has ample electric power.

Those portable we are dangerous red hot elements. MIne are rads wired into the the house 220 volts no elements heated to red hot. just radiant heat, each room controlled individually. Never had an issue. House has 100 amp service Province has ample electric power.

I still have a "ceramic" portable heater, but I seldom use it other than in the bathroom in the winter, and for no more than five minutes when stepping out of the shower. Fundamentally too dangerous to use for prolonged heating of a small area.

I have an electric radiator in case it gets too cold. Got it before when mom was obsessed with heater in the winter running extremely low. 🥶 the problem was i couldn't sleep with it as it was high danger of fi whilesleeping

Our house is all electric. There is no gas or power source except electricity that comes to our house via the power lines. The central air and heat unit runs on the electricity.

We do have a Generac whole house generator that comes on when our electricity goes out. The generator runs on propane from a 500-gallon tank in the yard. The generator uses propane to generate electricity that flows into our house.

Our house is all electric. There is no gas or power source except electricity that comes to our house via the power lines. The central air and heat unit runs on the electricity.

We do have a Generac whole house generator that comes on when our electricity goes out. The generator runs on propane from a 500-gallon tank in the yard. The generator uses propane to generate electricity that flows into our house.
Good choice safe few issues, low maintenace.

New Threads

Top Bottom