• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Applied to work in a Dementia care Home today!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Because 2 years ago next month we lost my Grandmother to Alzheimer's, I've applied today to work in a Dementia Home, which is literally just up the road from Home.

I've put that I can work up to 3 mornings a week.

OK yeah it's voluntary, but work is work.

I've also filled in an application for the Children's Society Charity shop to work as a Till Operator, I've done a lot of that having done customer service in a lot of different Charity shops over the years.

That is great, good luck getting one of those jobs! Sounds like you want to help others and we need more of that in the world, that is for sure.
Sorry about your grandmother.

Good luck to you in this venture, I know you'll be successful.

I got an email earlier this week, "Sorry but we are not taking on new volunteers at this time, but we will keep your application form and CV on file".

What?! I thought under the new Data protection laws they had to destroy any documents with personal info?

I got an email earlier this week, "Sorry but we are not taking on new volunteers at this time, but we will keep your application form and CV on file".

What?! I thought under the new Data protection laws they had to destroy any documents with personal info?
You can ask them to take your data off their files. They generally only keep them on to be able to contact you if any vacancies appear.

They have a certain amount of time in which to keep records. Could be 3, 6 months, or more. Thank goodness for that too, as continually applying to places gets really old.

Because 2 years ago next month we lost my Grandmother to Alzheimer's, I've applied today to work in a Dementia Home, which is literally just up the road from Home.

I've put that I can work up to 3 mornings a week.

OK yeah it's voluntary, but work is work.

I've also filled in an application for the Children's Society Charity shop to work as a Till Operator, I've done a lot of that having done customer service in a lot of different Charity shops over the years.
The dementia care will be challenging but a good resume/experience builder. Hope you get it!

New Threads

Top Bottom