• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are there any music curators here?

Human Avatar

V.I.P Member
Hello everyone sorry I have not been on here much lately but have been very busy.

I have a question ,I know there are some serious music listeners on here, I have 2 singles that have been released on all streaming platforms .
I don’t know much about playlists but that seems to be the way people are consuming music these days.Seems to be the same thing as what a radio programmer is .

Could anyone here add the two songs I have to a playlist of your own if they would fit somewhere on your playlists ?

Or if someone can please help me learn how to get into making playlists that I can put these songs into that would get some listeners?

I am not big into social networking etc . If anyone can please help me that would be great . Or direct me where I can get help . Thx

If I had any streamer / curator clout I would definitely help you out!

It seems like the best bet (get ready to groan) is getting signed, even if it's an indie label. My musician friends who have a 1,000+ average-listener fanbase are all affiliated with well-established labels, rather than necessarily paying curators to post their music up, but things are always changing.

There are definitely pay-per-play services galore, and some which will even add you to playlists automatically after receiving payment, etc. But the obvious downside is that going this route probably isn't cheap, depending on how much exposure you want to get. It's a tough world out there, but I wish this weren't the case.

I've also been on really small labels who did niche batches of physical releases who were able to amass even more followers for me (just a few hundred per label), but that was more than I could get on my own at the time. It seems like any affiliation or connections, big and small, really do make somewhat of a dent in your listening-base. Finding (and even targeting) your niche can be part of the 'game'.

Honestly, this is why I just do sound design work instead of making music anymore. One actually pays a little.

Last edited:
@slime punk

Ok thanks for the information. Seems nothing has changed in the music business. Seems just like a new version of payola.

Guess I should look around for a small indie label .

I wish I could help, but I do like your music. It reminds me of R.E.M., Gin Blossoms, and The Replacements. Hopefully you can find a place to fit in and get people to hear your music.

Could anyone here add the two songs I have to a playlist of your own if they would fit somewhere on your playlists ?
Could you say a little more about what this means. Do you mean a personal playlist like on spotify? Is it only helpful if people have some sort of audience or a public platform for sharing their own music?

If I use spotify for just myself and have no social media presence, is it still helpful to add your stuff to a playlist?

Might you share your songs on the forum? (No pressure.)

Yeah, it is for people who have public playlist that have quite a bit of followers, but any playlist is good in my opinion, personal or public because the streaming algorithms pick up if someone added it to a playlist, then marked that somebody liking it, and it will push it more

Hello everyone sorry I have not been on here much lately but have been very busy.

I have a question ,I know there are some serious music listeners on here, I have 2 singles that have been released on all streaming platforms .
I don’t know much about playlists but that seems to be the way people are consuming music these days.Seems to be the same thing as what a radio programmer is .

Or if someone can please help me learn how to get into making playlists that I can put these songs into that would get some listeners?

I am not big into social networking etc . If anyone can please help me that would be great . Or direct me where I can get help . Thx
I am not a curator. Sorry. But I would love to hear your stuff. Is it on Spotify? If so, what would I search?

@SeanF
Hello Sean thanks for the interest yeah we are on all streaming platforms but can just send YouTube videos . We did one Christmas song for something fun

New Threads

Top Bottom