• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are there any other psytrance heads here?

Neri

V.I.P Member
I just love this kind of music. It soothes me. It energizes me. It sits perfectly with my freaky lady thang. I'm a weirdo and I adore this freaky people music. Any other ravers or psytrance appreciators among us?

I used to go to illegal raves and squat parties in my early 20's. In forests, warehouses and barns. Some very memorable times. One of the last 2 raves I attended were in London, and ended up in the same warehouse that the organisers broke into. Due to the size of the rave, police wait outside rather than breaking it up. Although they did do random stop searches and arrests on people coming and going from the rave:

I never was that into psy trance myself. I preferred darker/heavier genres. The only psy trance song in my library that springs to mind at the moment is:

Here's an old mix I adore by Mattycore - he makes hardcore techno. Really talented. Was part of Life4Land which was a crew of techno, jungle, breakcore artists in the Cambridge and Bristol area. They held a lot of illegal raves. Some of the most talented music producers I've ever encountered. I've uploaded a lot of Life4Land stuff on my Youtube channel. This mix gets dark and very bassy around the half way mark. Although Youtube audio quality is rather pants:

Ed

Last edited:
Th
I used to go to illegal raves and squat parties in my early 20's. In forests, warehouses and barns. Some very memorable times. One of the last 2 raves I attended were in London, and ended up in the same warehouse that the organisers broke into. Due to the size of the rave, police wait outside rather than breaking it up. Although they did do random stop searches and arrests on people coming and going from the rave:

I never was that into psy trance myself. I preferred darker/heavier genres. The only psy trance song in my library that springs to mind at the moment is:

Here's an old mix I adore by Mattycore - he makes hardcore techno. Really talented. Was part of Life4Land which was a crew of techno, jungle, breakcore artists in the Cambridge and Bristol area. They held a lot of illegal raves. Some of the most talented music producers I've ever encountered. I've uploaded a lot of Life4Land stuff on my Youtube channel. This mix gets dark and very bassy around the half way mark. Although Youtube audio quality is rather pants:

Ed
Thanks @Raggamuffin. My guy will most likely definitely appreciate these. He likes more hard-core than I. I like psychill a lot. I used to be a reggae/Dub chick, but now I love me the psychedelic trance the most. 🥰

Psybient is a nice genre you may enjoy. Mixes Psy Trance with Ambient. Tends to be long, soundscape type tunes. This album is a masterpiece:

One other psy trance song I enjoy, after he says the second "Thank you very much" ooooooooooooooo.

https://phantasmadisques.bandcamp.com/track/memnon
PS - that music label isn't for psy trance. I bought their entire discography. The artist Pyramids of Mu does a fair bit of psy, but that label is mostly Experimental and Witch House. Although I must say it's more "miss" than "hit" when it comes to quality of songs. A lot it feels a bit too experimental.

Ed

Psybient is a nice genre you may enjoy. Mixes Psy Trance with Ambient. Tends to be long, soundscape type tunes. This album is a masterpiece:

One other psy trance song I enjoy, after he says the second "Thank you very much" ooooooooooooooo.

https://phantasmadisques.bandcamp.com/track/memnon
PS - that music label isn't for psy trance. I bought their entire discography. The artist Pyramids of Mu does a fair bit of psy, but that label is mostly Experimental and Witch House. Although I must say it's more "miss" than "hit" when it comes to quality of songs. A lot it feels a bit too experimental.

Ed
This is a psybient mix that I'm listening to now. I like to go to sleep to this kind of music.

I can't listen to any of that. The incessant fast paced beat aggravates me. I don't just mean I don't like it or that I find it annoying. It aggravates me, it makes me angry. Within a few minutes I'll become extremely violent. If I've had a few drinks then I also have little inhibition.

6 months ago I had trouble with a neighbour cranking that music up in the early hours of the morning. He doesn't do that any more.

Not familiar with what genre of music this is, but I have been listening and enjoying some of them for some time through Internet radio.

Particularly through those stations provided by "Soma FM", such as "The Drone Zone", "The Dark Zone", "Doomed", "Synphaera Radio", "Defcon Radio", "FIP Electro", "Digitalis" and "Fluid".

All downloaded with the "Goodvibes"app, one can download in Linux. Not sure if there is a Windows equivalent.

Goodvibes.jpg

An example of how to access these stations: https://somafm.com/dronezone130.pls

Last edited:
I can't listen to any of that. The incessant fast paced beat aggravates me. I don't just mean I don't like it or that I find it annoying. It aggravates me, it makes me angry. Within a few minutes I'll become extremely violent. If I've had a few drinks then I also have little inhibition.

6 months ago I had trouble with a neighbour cranking that music up in the early hours of the morning. He doesn't do that any more.
I like the more mellow stuff that's called "downtempo" and "psychill" more than the frenetic stuff, myself.

I love electronic music but have never been into psytrance specifically. I remember listening to some Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection and Shpongle before I knew what my unique tastes were though, and I honestly wouldn't mind revisiting stuff like this again. It sure has been a while :)

OTT was another cool one, although I'm not sure if that's just psychedelic electronic or what they even call it

I love electronic music but have never been into psytrance specifically. I remember listening to some Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection and Shpongle before I knew what my unique tastes were though, and I honestly wouldn't mind revisiting stuff like this again. It sure has been a while :)

OTT was another cool one, although I'm not sure if that's just psychedelic electronic or what they even call it
I quite like

And I REALLY like Dreaming Cooper. He is a wonderful Ukrainian solo artist. Sublime!!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom