• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you a Photoshop pro?

. . .

V.I.P Member
Are any of you professed, or at least self-professed Photoshop pros?

I'm gonna spend the next while watching videos and reading tutorials covering every element of Photoshop. This is in hopes of mastering every tool to get a better understanding of how everything works. Even if I learn how to do stuff with tools and features I never plan on using, I'll still be relieved to know what they do. I've already learned 3/4 of everything there is to know in Photoshop, and have a little more to learn about.

Hopefully, when I'm done watching dozens of hours of Photoshop tutorials and reading various E-books, I'll become a Photoshop guru.

I've watched the first two of the following DVD-roms, but still have to watch the last one:

Photoshop CS4 One-on-One: Fundamentals

732-230x230.gif

Photoshop CS4 One-on-One: Advanced

768-230x230.gif

Photoshop CS4 One-on-One: Mastery

777-230x230.gif

These three titles, in total, have a running time of about 50 hours and cost $500 (half the price of Photoshop itself). If you have the money (or know how to torrent... kidding), I highly recommend them as I've learned a lot from them. And don't worry - the stuff in the videos is still relevant to PS CS5.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say i'm a pro at Photoshop but I do like to use it. I started out using it for designing avatars, signatures, cutting renders and designing websites. Now I mainly use it for fixing photos and creating vehicle skins for GTAIV when I have the time. I would love to learn more about it if I had the spare time.

I wouldn't say i'm a pro at Photoshop but I do like to use it. I started out using it for designing avatars, signatures, cutting renders and designing websites. Now I mainly use it for fixing photos and creating vehicle skins for GTAIV when I have the time. I would love to learn more about it if I had the spare time.

How did you learn how to use Photoshop?

I wouldn't say that I'm a pro at photoshop, but I just tend to love using it altogether, even though my artwork on my deviant art page isn't really too pro, but yea, it's not too bad, I must say.:H

I'm still a learner so I'll get there eventually.

l_plates2.jpg

Not really. I know the basics, and how to use Adobe Photoshop if need be. I can make graphics in Photoshop, and I use Photoshop to save images. That is basically about it. I can also make flyers and stuff.

So yeah... I am no where close to "professional" level. That is why I am going to college for that. :P I did make an image on Photoshop and got paid for it. I do not wish to show my customer's logo on here though.

If anyone is that egger to see it, PM me and maybe I'll be nice enough to find it on my computer for you.

So yeah... I am no where close to "professional" level. That is why I am going to college for that. :P I did make an image on Photoshop and got paid for it. I do not wish to show my customer's logo on here though.

If you said you weren't paid for doing the work and you weren't pro, then you must of done pretty good then. :)

If you said you weren't paid for doing the work and you weren't pro, then you must of done pretty good then. :)

Yeah, my work does impress people... It isn't at a "true professional level". Not as professional as ???'s images are. :P Then again, I can make pixel art from scratch and regular images from scratch if need be. ;)

When I'm done watching these tutorials, I may eventually watch a 20+ hour video series which strictly cover the topic of masking in Photoshop. It'll probably be rather boring, but I'm sure it'll pay off. It's hard to believe that there's an entire series on masking that is 20+ hours long. That's insane...

Within two months or so, I should be an advanced Photoshop user, though I'm already good at using the app. I won't consider myself as being a professional until I've fully learned about every single useful tool in the app and have learned how to effectively use each of the tools.

It's great that your aiming to master Photoshop. I would love to do the same myself but wouldn't find the need to use every tool or have the time to go through hours of watching tutorials.

When I'm done watching these tutorials, I may eventually watch a 20+ hour video series which strictly cover the topic of masking in Photoshop. It'll probably be rather boring, but I'm sure it'll pay off. It's hard to believe that there's an entire series on masking that is 20+ hours long. That's insane...

Within two months or so, I should be an advanced Photoshop user, though I'm already good at using the app. I won't consider myself as being a professional until I've fully learned about every single useful tool in the app and have learned how to effectively use each of the tools.

Blimey, so does this mean, you will know everything from scratch on how to work with photoshop?
I would definitely get bored just by watching a whole days worth of watching photoshop tutorials. :lol2:

Blimey, so does this mean, you will know everything from scratch on how to work with photoshop?
I would definitely get bored just by watching a whole days worth of watching photoshop tutorials. :lol2:

I would get bored too. I lack attention span every now and then. :S I use my friends, the books, internet tutorials, and people I know. :D

I hope I can CS5 one day... :S

I think I might aswell save up for the actual program at this minute, I best try the trial version first before I start actually thinking of getting the actual thing itself.

I think I might aswell save up for the actual program at this minute, I best try the trial version first before I start actually thinking of getting the actual thing itself.

Or... if you are close to a Computer Clubhouse, go to that. They have the whole Adobe Family on their computers! :D

I'll give you the URL through MSN.

I meant to say on my previous post, I hope I can get CS5 one day. The whole Adobe Family of products that is. :D

When I'm done brushing up on my Photoshop skills, I'm going to learn about Gimp.

I'm gonna read the book Beginning Gimp: From Novice to Professional and watch 130 Gimp tutorials which are 12 hours in length. Doing this should help me brush up on my Gimp skills.

49541048057862666593.png

Gimp kind of annoys me. I hate its interface and the general "behavior" of the app, but since it has features which differ from Photoshop, it would be good to learn how to use it so that I can use the two in conjunction.

Another great image editor is Paint.NET, and while not as powerful as Photoshop or Gimp, it's still great to use.

You sure have a lot of free time to learn so much. I hate Gimp as well. I just don't like it at all, it seems awkward and the interface isn't nice looking.

You sure have a lot of free time to learn so much. I hate Gimp as well. I just don't like it at all, it seems awkward and the interface isn't nice looking.

I do have a lot of free time, but you really don't need much time to learn this stuff. Dedicating even as little as an hour a day is good enough and will allow you to finish watching 50+ hours of video tutorials in less than two months.

When it comes to reading books on Photoshop, Gimp, or image editing apps in general, well, I think that people have enough time to read books, right? Reading a book about Photoshop is no different from reading a "normal" book, and I certainly know that the majority of people have the time to read.

When it comes to reading books on Photoshop, Gimp, or image editing apps in general, well, I think that people have enough time to read books, right? Reading a book about Photoshop is no different from reading a "normal" book, and I certainly know that the majority of people have the time to read.

True, but I'm not a reader. I can read books fine it's just I'm very slow at it and usually give up before I finish.

Hm... not to be a buzz kill, but Gimp is the poor man's version of Adobe Photoshop. They are "almost" the same, but not the same.

So you're better off using Adobe Photoshop and only using GIMP when you don't have access to Adobe Photoshop. >_<;

If you figure out how to animate in GIMP, share the glory with us. :D Because I been trying to Gif animate in Gimp for the longest! >_<;

Anyways, I am attaching one of my semi-advanced Adobe Photoshop pieces to give you an example of what I can do. The little pixel art in the this piece, I made it from scratch in MS Paint. It a pixel art person I made. :D This isn't the piece I made for my customer. This I made during a special workshop with an Art Museum Program. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom