• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you afraid to die?

Are you afraid to die?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
Not at all. Death is only a new beginning. My body might die but my soul wont. I believe in soul traveling so when I die I will be born again sometime. And I´m also curious.

I'm not afraid to die. I'd prefer that it happen quickly when it does though. No drawn out chemotherapy or being incapacitated. I'd hate for the strongest memories that my children have of me to be of seeing me die a horrible death.

At the same time, I'm not really keen on the idea just yet. I want to be there for my kids as long as they need me. I want to see the sort of people that they grow into.

I'm not really afraid of death, and don't really put any effort into prolonging my life in terms of dietary changes and what not...
I actually put very little value on life and think I've lost the whole survival instinct thing.
But yeah.
I'm not afraid of death. If someone told me I was going to die tomorrow and for some reason I believed them I don't think I'd even register it and forget about it in 30 minutes... Maybe be a bit depressed.
I'm not happy with what I've achieved in life but tbh I don't think I ever will and even if I was I don't think it would matter what I'd achieved, it'd just be because for some weird reason I was a happy person.
I don't want to die because it could have a negative impact on some family member's lives.
I've considered suicide before but I decided the uncertain pros were outweighed by the negatives.
I have a brief idea of the afterlife but it's too complicated to transfer from my head into comprehensible English tbh... I can't articulate it.
It's not a conventional one.
I actually identify as materialist but yeah, long story.
EMZ=]

Not at all. Death is only a new beginning. My body might die but my soul wont. I believe in soul traveling so when I die I will be born again sometime. And I´m also curious.
I started thinking to believe in second life too ever since I watched this thing about ghost adventures that came on TV.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAScd2dZz7U[/youtube]

Woah... a board moved when placed unstable on a stair case... o_O.
TBH I stopped watching after that. LOL.
I think they're hoaxes.
EMZ=]

Woah... a board moved when placed unstable on a stair case... o_O.
TBH I stopped watching after that. LOL.
I think they're hoaxes.
EMZ=]
:lol: I started thinking that yesterday and thinking they could possibly be more than these crews.
The only way to find out is how you would ACTUALLY be in the scene of them filimg.

Have you seen paranormal activity? Apparently, the filming on there is actually literally for real as so as my godmother said.

I started thinking to believe in second life too ever since I watched this thing about ghost adventures that came on TV.

I think that those kinds of programs are rubbish. I think that souls can`t affect on our living world in any way, like by moving objects or whispering to us. Thats superstition. The reason I believe in soul traveling is philosophical and scientific. D. Brian Weiss has interesting theories about soul traveling and he has made tests by hypnosis. During hypnosis, test subjects told about their previous life.

Once he used hypnosis to a Chinese woman. But the woman did`t even know how to say "hello" in English so thats why she had a translator with her. During the hypnosis the woman suddenly started to speak fluent English. Her previous life was in 19th century, in USA. In confusion, the translator started to translate her English into Chinese to Dr. Weiss. That, and many other tests are telling that soul traveling exists. I would love to read Dr. Weiss`s book called "Many Lives, Many Masters". Have to order it from somewhere.

My intense fear of death made me really think about it and then conclude that we simply go somewhere else when we die, but no matter what happens to us we're still alive because of the law of conservation of matter.

I used to be so scared I went to ready.gov and started collecting survival stuff.

I'm not afraid to die. I've never been afraid to die. I'm a Christian and I believe in Heaven, so there's nothing for me to be afraid of.

At this moment in my life, yes. I am very afraid of dying. I don't want 'this' to be it. I haven't lived a full life, let alone a satisfied one. I have a lot of things I still want to accomplish before I face death, because after this, that's all. You rot away in your little box and become food for worms. Your consciousness is like a flame: it doesn't 'go' anywhere after it's blown out. It's just gone. And I have a hard time imagining nothing. I suppose death itself isn't what I'm afraid of.

I'm afraid of the state of nonexistence. Nothingness is too big to comprehend.

New Threads

Top Bottom