• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ASD and Hyperthymic Temperament

FayetheAspie

V.I.P Member
It seems like a lot of people with asd have dysthymic leanings. I was wondering if hyperthymic traits could have a correlation to either asd and /or adhd as well.

So hyper is happy/ dys is depressive. Your theory sounds plausible.

I could be both. Im often told Im too much, or too nice. Also I can be abnormally irritable and so can my brother.

Occasionally I'm envious of those with a happy go lucky, care free demeanor, breezing through life or so it seems. 😂

I think my baseline mood is elevated. I can get down right giddy about small things that most people seem to ignore (like a new rock ,bug, ect that I saw).

Sometimes it keeps others from liking you because they seem to think you are crazy or something which makes you momentarily sad but you just ignore the disappointment and find something else to get excited about. Go outside and there is almost always several interesting things to see. Examine tree bark up close. You never know what small creature might be hidden on it. Yesterday I saw a gray tree frog that blended right in.

New Threads

Top Bottom