• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie Parents & Naming...?

Crossbreed

Neur-D Missionary ☝️
V.I.P Member
Aspie parents, did you give your children uncommon names, or more common ones?

Being an armchair onomatologist name nerd, I took this duty very seriously. My children's names are:
  • JoHannah Jubilee ♀,
  • BenJudah Gabriel ♂,
  • Aaron Josiah ♂,
  • Jordan Uriah ♂,
  • Maranatha Nissiah ♀,
  • Anastasia Nike [nih KAY] ♀ (1992-1992),
  • Jeshua David ♂,
  • Shiloh Joshana [Yo SHAH nuh] ♀,
  • Elijah Daniel ♂,
  • Hezekiah Nathaniel ♂ &
  • Zephaniah Joseph ♂

Last edited:
i think it depends if the aspie in question has a creative/imaginative mind or not.
my dad is aspie,he named me emma which is a boring name,he named my sister;rachael and he is terrible at naming all of our cats to so ive always done that job even though he still calls them something like sox [weve had about three cats called sox now].
thankfully being trans ftm,i got to choose my own name im now emlyn but not legally...yet, only by free deed poll.

I'm a Jr. named after my father. He got his first name from my G. Grandfather. Thus, my first name is from the 19th century. Not very inventive. At least I'm not my older cousin, the 3rd of his name! (Uncle trying to suck up to $$$$ father, probably)

Well, by dads an aspie and if he had chosen my sister's and my names we would have been called Charlotte and Emma, which is certainly not creative at all, as it is my mum (NT) can't stand common names so we ended up with names no one can spell.

New Threads

Top Bottom