• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie/Schizophrenic/ADHD/Mensan - Quadruple cocktail of doom

Alexegalaxy

While I wait patiently for my Mensa membership to renew, I can only survey my life and observe that people around me are somehow in the achievement of more meaningful friendships than I am. I'm overcome with this sense of "waiting for others." I have support workers, and they are honestly paid to be there. No disrespect to them. And then there are other people who I collaborate with professionally, and once again, they are paid to be there.

I find it hard to really say I have collected a decent swag of friendships throughout the years.
While others seem to be able to move to new cities and, who knows, become bartenders and go on wine-tasting tours and make all sorts of companions very quickly, I feel left behind in an INFP/ENFP broth of loneliness.

Yes, I did indeed think that the iNtuitive aspect of the MBTI personality type was what made me lonely all along, for so many years. As I get older, I think it's a combination of Aspie/Schiz/ADHD/IQ. After all, I score high enough in IQ tests to be isolated into the singular percentile - that's alienation, surely. As is Schizophrenia, which is 1/300, Aspie is 1/100, ADHD is 3/100. That's 1 in 100,000,000, or one in a hundred million, if you mulitply all the probabilities together of there being someone as kooky as me out there.

I'm starting to feel lonely again. Anyone resonate with what I've said, and want to connect? Cheers :) Alex :)

1662595912762.png

Welcome! I have to admit to not entirely agreeing on your methadology though (all in good fun).
As is Schizophrenia, which is 1/300, Aspie is 1/100, ADHD is 3/100. That's 1 in 100,000,000, or one in a hundred million, if you mulitply all the probabilities together of there being someone as kooky as me out there.
From what I have read, ADHD is quite a bit more common than that, and there is high comorbidity for ADHD and ASD. ASD people often have asymmetric intelligence as well, so there are probably more aspies in the top 1% of IQ scores than in the general population. Please don't take this as criticism (I know you likely know this already, therefore the "if you..."), I just like numbers.

I hope this forum will be of use for you. It has been for me, though I mainly use it as a learning hub.

Welcome! I have to admit to not entirely agreeing on your methadology though (all in good fun).

From what I have read, ADHD is quite a bit more common than that, and there is high comorbidity for ADHD and ASD. ASD people often have asymmetric intelligence as well, so there are probably more aspies in the top 1% of IQ scores than in the general population. Please don't take this as criticism (I know you likely know this already, therefore the "if you..."), I just like numbers.

I hope this forum will be of use for you. It has been for me, though I mainly use it as a learning hub.
It occurred to me the comorbidity thing, but I deftly ignored it in favour of a sensational end-point statistic. I hope you can forgive me.

My ADHD data comes from Google. What are your sources? :)

It occurred to me the comorbidity thing, but I deftly ignored it in favour of a sensational end-point statistic. I hope you can forgive me.

My ADHD data comes from Google. What are your sources? :)
Mostly some news from my country (closer to 5-10 percent). The global stats might be different, and I don't think we can really know for sure. Also, I was in the mood to nitpick about something I know nothing about.

Yes their was my older brother he was one of a kind unfortunately he passed away a couple of years ago. your description of yourself matches him to a T. Very bright Genius, Aspie, mental issues no friends Sheldon on big bang theory would be the best way to describe him I was very proud of him.

Everyone can be a 1 out of 100 million if you factor in enough traits.
Here is some better numbers, You might like. I made this myself years ago too much bs on google. nobody has a 250 IQ.

Attachments

Last edited:
Everyone can be a 1 out of 100 million if you factor in enough traits.
I did a similar calculation for Einstein once got 1 in a few billion, you have to be picky what factors traits you pick.
Like you IQ. Myers Biggs ability to visualize. Technique was good just be careful on traits. See drake equation.

Last edited:
While I wait patiently for my Mensa membership to renew, I can only survey my life and observe that people around me are somehow in the achievement of more meaningful friendships than I am. I'm overcome with this sense of "waiting for others." I have support workers, and they are honestly paid to be there. No disrespect to them. And then there are other people who I collaborate with professionally, and once again, they are paid to be there.

I find it hard to really say I have collected a decent swag of friendships throughout the years.
While others seem to be able to move to new cities and, who knows, become bartenders and go on wine-tasting tours and make all sorts of companions very quickly, I feel left behind in an INFP/ENFP broth of loneliness.

Yes, I did indeed think that the iNtuitive aspect of the MBTI personality type was what made me lonely all along, for so many years. As I get older, I think it's a combination of Aspie/Schiz/ADHD/IQ. After all, I score high enough in IQ tests to be isolated into the singular percentile - that's alienation, surely. As is Schizophrenia, which is 1/300, Aspie is 1/100, ADHD is 3/100. That's 1 in 100,000,000, or one in a hundred million, if you mulitply all the probabilities together of there being someone as kooky as me out there.

I'm starting to feel lonely again. Anyone resonate with what I've said, and want to connect? Cheers :) Alex :)
Welcome from a fellow Aspie/Schiz. I'm extremely high-functioning with both (work full-time, married, kid, etc.).

I've known a few high functioning schizophrenic men. And they were some of the smartest and most creative people I've ever met.

Hey! Well I can certainly relate to everybody else having more meaningful friendships. I've often wondered if everybody actually feels as disconnected and alone as I do? I've never felt like I fitted in anywhere. I'm not even a fully paid up member of Mensa these days. I didn't fit in there either. :tearsofjoy:

Mensa has plenty of Aspies. I've been in it off and on for 45+ years. At least in LA, it isn't nearly as active as it used to be.

My MBTI was probably an INTJ growing up and that caused all kinds of pain. Over the decades I became an INTP. It is probably the only part of the MBTI that one can voluntarily change. Going from J to P took an awful lot of pain out of my life. I was always judging myself and always judging others. Life becomes much easier when you just accept the things you cannot change.

Feeling disconnected and alone is a way of life for people like us.

New Threads

Top Bottom