• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

(Autism/ADHD) Hello, just introducing myself.

gabesroom

Hello, my name is Gabe. I'm a game developer/musician from brazil. I decided to join this server after being fed up with not having anywhere else where i could talk about the issues I face without feeling like I'm constantly walking through eggshells.

I was never diagnosed as a child. I suspect because the thing my parents always focused on was my low vision, which in fairness was the biggest issue that stopped me doing good in school early in life. But as a result no one really realized how my other autism/adhd symptoms also greatly affected my grades later on in life, when I stopped being able to just coast through subjects and kept hitting a brick wall with math in HS.

It was only a few years ago when I was officially diagnosed with ADHD that I really began questioning a lot of the other struggles I'd had up to that point. The usual stuff like meltdowns, constant stimming under stress and whatnot. What really pushed me into trying to get an official diagnosis was listening to Temple Grandin's "Visual Thinking:
The Hidden Gifts of People Who Think in Pictures, Patterns, and Abstractions". I was hooked the whole way through and realized just how much I'd relied on visual thinking in the past to solve problems without even realizing it. I was diagnosed in the beginning of 2023 and have since enjoyed reading more and more about it.

Anyway, that's my TED talk I guess. Hope i'm able to find some cool people here.

Welcome, Gabe! You've found a great place with like-minded people from all over the world, who share deep insights, occasional humor, and interesting discussions.

1728565811414.png

New Threads

Top Bottom