• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic Workers: Invisible People

SocOfAutism

I finished my thesis, "Autistic Workers: Invisible People" and am now working on publishing some of the data. I have the highlights of my findings here: Autistic Workers: Invisible People

You can also download my full thesis from that page, if you like to read. o_O

Go to the main page if you're interested in reading about my new project: Autistic Adults in Positions of Power.

Let me know what you think! Thoughts/criticisms now will help me!

Very interesting! Your new project looks promising as well. Too bad I'm pretty low on the totem pole, would've loved to participate in your studies.

I am also accepting people who wield alternative power positions, such as architects, system administrators, law enforcement officers. The point is that I'm looking to hear from people who control things, decide things, or lead.

I also do not require formal autism diagnoses. If you know that you are on the autism spectrum that is good enough.

If anyone has any ideas/opinions on the study I just completed, I would love to hear them. I'm still writing it up for publishing.

Very interesting, and it mirrors much of my own experience in the workplace.

Most of my workplace problems are a result of being on the spectrum. It has increased in difficulty with more responsibility and involvement. I find it interesting that many respondents were or have been in supervisory roles. While I have been "tested" in leadership/supervisory roles, I have always reverted to having largely independent roles, where I am self directed with an occasional period of having someone assisting me in some capacity, due to the scale or timeframe of the project.

As a side note, I have recently been given notice that I will be laid off, this is the first time that has happened to me, nor have I ever been fired before.

Wow. A lot of bullying. That is sad. Also how many try to fake. This is why I tell NO ONE. I just say I have a neuro trouble. No one makes fun of neuro issues which autism is, by the way, so it's so unfair

New Threads

Top Bottom