• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistics Awake/Unite: Autism Advancement #ActuallyAutistic

It occurs to me that many here are fighting similar personal battles on account of the world
at large's general misunderstanding of autism and the inadequacy and inappropriateness in
the provision of services.

Should we all unite into a unified voice we could overcome much and effect real change and
many in desperate circumstances could be given opportunity to thrive.

With best wishes and the kindest of regards to all at autismforums,

Jim

There are a few big obstacles to unifying. One being we are in general the Red Pandas of the human race. Perhaps the most solitary of all animals and one that prefers the company of trees.

shyest-animals-1.jpg

Thanks Tom,
I think the biggest obstacles are learned hopelessness and helplessness!
How could we be satisfied with expressions like 'autism acceptance' unless we had lived lives routinely kicked in the proverbials!
When your life is on the line (like mine is ) their is no choice but to fight back.
We can unify intellectually without ever having to meet!
Best wishes,
Jim

We have common ground. We have common experience. some more than others but there is unity already in those regards!
I am working night and day and so are many to try and save our situations so as to flourish. Unified we have a chance.

I’ve said before that nobody cares about autism aside from autistic people and those who are closely associated in some way with someone who is autistic. It isn’t relevant to anyone else, and why would it be? This “raising awareness” business we’re always hearing about seems odd to me e.g. I’m aware of diabetes, but it doesn’t affect my life, so I really don’t care about it. So, making people aware of autism and expecting them to be in the slightest bit interested in what you have to say will get lost in a sea of everyone else raising awareness about a million other things, not to mention the endless ________(fill in the blank) Awareness Months.

If you’re having problems with something, you will probably have to find a way to solve them yourself.

I’ve said before that nobody cares about autism aside from autistic people and those who are closely associated in some way with someone who is autistic. It isn’t relevant to anyone else, and why would it be? This “raising awareness” business we’re always hearing about seems odd to me e.g. I’m aware of diabetes, but it doesn’t affect my life, so I really don’t care about it. So, making people aware of autism and expecting them to be in the slightest bit interested in what you have to say will get lost in a sea of everyone else raising awareness about a million other things, not to mention the endless ________(fill in the blank) Awareness Months.

If you’re having problems with something, you will probably have to find a way to solve them yourself.

With the kindest of regards,

Jim

New Threads

Top Bottom