• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Beast from the East, do you have Snow in UK?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

Started yesterday here and is still snowing like mad today.

Anyone else got it? Apparently it's a freak snow storm coming from Syberia.

Yep - plenty where I am.
Thankfully I didn't need to be at work today anyway so I had a nice snooze instead of waking up at 5:15am.

I know you specified the uk, but since I do come from the uk, I feel I can mention where I live now lol

Not, right here where I live, in Brittany, but shockingly, in the south of France, they have snow! Apparently, one day, next week, we are to have freezing rain.

Beautifully sunny and bitterly cold where I live. Loving sitting in the verandah and soaking up all that natural vitamine D.

Had some last evening as I was driving home. Some still around on the ground now. Not had any since. That being said though we're expecting a load tomorrow and Friday coming up from the English Channel.

Yeah. It’s the thickest and most beautiful white snow we’ve had in a long time that has settled and not melted.

:D "Beast from the East" (rolls eyes)

Whilst it's a novelty, and quite a pleasant one at that to experience the creak underfoot when walking on a blanket of snow I can't help but think about those that live in Canada and doubt (without factual proof) that not too many lives are disrupted when the wind chill reaches minus two and there's a light covering of snow.

The media will sensationalise the emergency and danger of snow in this country and create fear and panic.
I have to wonder how Canadians cope with snow, or Inuits, Eskimos?

If their conditions haven't wiped out the entire race then humans are capable of adaptation to changing conditions. Even cold ones.

I heard on the radio yesterday that some parts of Scotland have been issued with a Red status - danger to life, due to the weather.
Can we not learn from those who may consider the current temperatures and conditions in this country as a summers day on their part of the planet?

I will admit to being excited by the snow, it's beauty and it's novelty.
Because humans can and have survived temperatures like these, I can't summon up fear of the situation.

I'm nestled in Cheshire, almost on the Banks of The River Mersey. The wind chill gives me brain freeze but my hat can remedy that.

What wonderful weather you guys are having. Really, I mean that. I love winter and get so little. The tornado is a big surprise, I had no idea you guys have the things, too. Enjoy the lovely snow!:)

The media will sensationalise the emergency and danger of snow in this country and create fear and panic.
I have to wonder how Canadians cope with snow, or Inuits, Eskimos?

It's not that the media is sensationalising it, it really is as bad it is seem. Why is it that bad? Well it's simply because we don't have the infrastructure to cope with this type of weather. And that's not the government being lazy or not having enough money, it's that we don't experience this weather enough to validate spending so much money on ways and means to get people to their destinations. You'd spend more money on these vehicles and infrastructure buying them and maintaining them than it is to shut down the country for a day or two. We aren't Norway or Canada, we don't experience snow enough to build these things. That's what I reckon.

What gets me as well when the weather's bad like it has been this week, is idiots who rush to the Supermarkets buying up everything just because they might not be able to get out for a few days! A bit of snow and the whole world goes mad!

It’s beautifully white and the front door is quite steep with fluffy snow. It’s going to get heavier! I’m not happy that I’ve got the cold, though. :(

It's not that the media is sensationalising it, it really is as bad it is seem. Why is it that bad? Well it's simply because we don't have the infrastructure to cope with this type of weather. And that's not the government being lazy or not having enough money, it's that we don't experience this weather enough to validate spending so much money on ways and means to get people to their destinations. You'd spend more money on these vehicles and infrastructure buying them and maintaining them than it is to shut down the country for a day or two. We aren't Norway or Canada, we don't experience snow enough to build these things. That's what I reckon.

I agree, because we don't have these conditions that often, when it does happen people are out of their box, not expecting or prepared to cope. I'm just saying other parts of the world cope with it almost on a permanent basis. We can adapt and learn from them.
Knowledge eases panic.(in some cases)

It's stopped snowing here in Dorset but there's a lovely thick blanket of snow on the ground which doesn't look like it'll melt any time soon, very rare no close to the south coast (I'm 5 minutes walk from the sea). Work has been closed since yesterday noon, so next week will be chaotic.

New Threads

Top Bottom