• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

BOOK: The Signularity is Nearer - by Ray Kurzweil

MROSS

In one word to describe Kurzweil's book, 'The Signularity is Nearer' - WHOA!

I actually began reading the eight chapter book via Chapter 5, 'The Future of Jobs: Good or Bad?' Chapter 5 covers the 'rank and file' of futurist agendas.

Still reading through the book and slowly understading ("putitng my mind around" developments projected within the next twenty, ten, and even five years).

Kurzweil has been accurate on predictions made in his books published within the previous decades - yet, predictions of the future (esp. beyond the 2020s years) might very well prove premature.

The rather mundane agenads shaped by 'Artificial Intelligence' (AI) TECH will be likely be those important agendas within the next five years.

How might near-future TECH. developments augment humans on the Autism Spectrum?

As for those 2030s years and beyond, 'Sigularity' (when humans merge with AI) goals, caution by humans is truly most important.

Last edited:
In one word to describe Kurzweil's book, 'The Signularity is Nearer' - WHOA!

I actually began reading the eight chapter book via Chapter 5, 'The Future of Jobs: Good or Bad?' Chapter 5 covers the 'rank and file' of futurist agendas.

Still reading through the book and slowly understading ("putitng my mind around" developments projected within the next twenty, ten, and even five years).

Kurzweil has been accurate on predictions made in his books published within the previous decades - yet, predictions of the future (esp. beyond the 2020s years) might very well prove premature.

The rather mundane agenads shaped by 'Artificial Intelligence' (AI) TECH will be likely be those important agendas within the next five years.

How might near-future TECH. developments augment humans on the Autism Spectrum?

As for those 2030s years and beyond, 'Sigularity' (when humans merge with AI) goals, caution by humans is truly most important.
I am strongly fearful of the role AI is taking in our lives. Like all innovation, there is a period of trial and error. The problem is that errors are everywhere. Technology is improving our lives in many ways, but I hate to see the human input pushed to the side. Humans have emotions that help guide us through difficulties and decisions. Machines can't process the emotional labyrinth of a human brain. We will always need human emotions.

New Threads

Top Bottom