• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Burnout.

Captain Caveman

V.I.P Member

Think the issues I had were because I had to keep pushing through while having burnout as I would hand in my notice and have to work about a month to reach the end before I was able to begin to give myself a rest, and the rest took a year or two to recover.

But the question is, what is the difference between burnout and breakdown?

But the question is, what is the difference between burnout and breakdown?
A breakdown is what most people see as losing your cool and chucking a tantrum. Burnout is a much longer term issue, often a life changing event.

Think the issues I had were because I had to keep pushing through while having burnout as I would hand in my notice and have to work about a month to reach the end before I was able to begin to give myself a rest, and the rest took a year or two to recover.
That is exactly the same mistake I made, not knowing anything about autism I kept trying to get my old life back. In the end I lost the plot completely and ran away in to the rainforests to live like a feral. That turned out to be exactly what I needed, quite often our natural instincts are good.

New Threads

Top Bottom