• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

CAC coins!

Rocco

I hope something good happens to you today
V.I.P Member
One of my special interests is coins. Particularly professionally graded coins. Grading includes authentication and condition evaluation where a grade is assigned from 1-70. 1 is poorest condition while still able to determine the year and mint location (if applicable). 70 is a flawless and perfect coin with no blemishes, marks, or damage.

Here are some of my favorites that have been graded and then sent to a third party verification service called CAC (certified acceptance corporation)
CAC coins are somewhat popular in the coin hobby. Less than 40% of coins submitted for CAC review qualify for a sticker, the rest are rejected. Anything with a sticker is typically regarded as the highest quality for the assigned grade. Coins that receive a sticker typically sell for a lot more than the coin is usually worth. Some coins are extremely rare to find with a CAC verification.
When a coin is deemed in the top quality for its grade it gets a CAC sticker. They view each grade in three ways. A is accurate or above average quality and get a sticker. B is middle quality and gets nothing, and C is lowest quality, barely made the grade and gets nothing. Of CAC feels a coin is graded too low it get a gold colored CAC sticker. These are super rare and sell for stupid money, way higher than it’s worth.

For US coins there are several mints (coin factory) locations through history.
No mint mark or a P is Philadelphia Pennsylvania
C is Charlotte North Carolina (closed)
CC is Carson City Nevada (closed)
D is Denver Colorado
D is Dalonega Georgia (closed)
O is New Orleans Louisiana (closed)
S is San Francisco California
IMG_2331.jpeg
IMG_2332.jpeg
IMG_2333.jpeg
IMG_2334.jpeg
IMG_2335.jpeg
IMG_2336.jpeg
IMG_2337.jpeg
IMG_2338.jpeg
IMG_2339.jpeg
IMG_2340.jpeg

Last edited:
@Outdated
I have a few Aussie coins from my travels there, and also have a few of the 5 cent coins graded (5 cent or denomination of 5 coins are my favorites)
I saved coins from all the various countries I traveled to with the military, Australian coins are really cool with the animal designs!

Our notes are really pretty too.

Funny side note - all our notes are different sizes to make things easier for blind people, but with our coins the $1 is bigger than the $2.

Next-Generation-Banknote-series-2-scaled.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom