• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Canada - National Autism Conference 2024/08/27

VictorR

Random Member
V.I.P Member
Join us for the 2024 National Autism Conference hosted by the Public Health Agency of Canada on Tuesday 27 August 2024. This free, virtual event will build on previous engagement that took place during the development of the Framework for Autism in Canada and the draft Autism Strategy. Autistic people, families, caregivers, academics, service providers, and government representatives will discuss the Framework’s five priority areas and the actions needed to advance them:
  1. Screening, Diagnosis and Services
  2. Economic Inclusion
  3. Data Collection, Public Health Surveillance and Research
  4. Public Awareness, Understanding and Acceptance
  5. Tools and Resources
Throughout the day, participants will have the opportunity to share their thoughts on these priority areas. A variety of supports will be available to allow everyone to participate. The Public Health Agency of Canada will collect feedback from participants during these conversations to inform the implementation of the Framework for Autism in Canada and finalize Canada’s Autism Strategy.

The objectives of this conference are to:
  • Close the loop: Demonstrate how feedback obtained through extensive engagement is being reflected in the Framework for Autism in Canada
  • Outline actions: Review how the federal government plans to address the Framework priorities
  • Discuss next steps: Explore considerations for implementing the Framework
Let’s work together to create a Canada where Autistic people and their families are safe, included, accepted and supported.

https://cpha.ca/nac

It seems like Australia and Canada are on a similar page with this sort of social welfare. We only recently finished public submissions into a nationwide autism strategy, it'll be interesting to see what comes out of it.

Before they asked for public submissions here they held a massive set of nationwide live symposiums where they wanted input directly from autistic people. Only autistic people were allowed to speak at these symposiums, carers were allowed to attend where necessary but had to remain silent. Parents, carers and support organisations were excluded from any input in that initial process, then public submissions were invited later.

Thanks. I'll try to get my two cents in somewhere. My position is that the help I needed was not training in how to look normal, but in finding a partner to help present my extraordinary talents. NTs need training in how to work with us at least as much as we need remedial courses on how to fit in.

New Threads

Top Bottom