• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cleaning tips for the disabled

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
This is a thread where we can share our ideas to make cleaning easier for those with mobility disabilities.

Here is something I did today:

I have very tall ceilings, even when standing on tip toes, I cannot reach the top of the walls. There is a layer of visible dust along the walls, way up high where I cannot reach, no matter what I do.

Today I had an epiphany.

I pulled out the Swiffer. I wet a dish cloth with cold water and wrung it out. I attached the damp cloth to the Swiffer, snugly.

At first I tried dragging it across the wall. But the dust clung to the wall in wet globs.

Then I went back and used gentle circles. The way you would on a window. This caught the dust and trapped it on the cloth, leaving only bare, clean walls.

I was able to do this mostly from seated, however I did have to stand up for some of it.

I am very happy with the results.

Last edited:
Having "grabber tools" in every room comes in very handy.
The ones with the rubber cups are sturdy and work the best for reaching and picking up things that aren't overly heavy.
I couldn't get by without them.

Here's another one.

I love having a sparkly clean bathtub.

It's a little hard to get down and really scrub it the way I like.

So what I did was I went to Dollar tree looking at long handled brushes. The only ones I found were a toilet brush and a dish brush.

So those are my special get down and dirty brushes for the bathtub. I don't use them for anything else.

Also, forget Comet, Bon Ami, Bartender's Friend, etc. What's going to get the gunk off and make your bathtub gleam like nothing else is a tube of toothpaste from the Dollar Tree.

So I can just sit on the side of the tub, or on the toilet with the lid down, and scrub out the bathtub, alternating the two brushes for different parts of the tub. I lather them up with toothpaste like as if they were elephant toothbrushes, and scrub.

It takes less effort using toothpaste to get the gunk off, than using conventional or homemade cleaners.

Toothpaste adds a high gloss, is easily rinsed out without any residue, and your bathroom will smell minty fresh.

I also use toothpaste when cleaning the toilet and sink as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom