• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clinical depression is a beast.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
And reading the news is making it worse.

@Misery is right, I need a news and social media detox.

Expect me back sometime in August. I will not do anything stupid in the meanwhile. I will make a therapy appointment for this week.

1721007962813.png

Expect me back sometime in August. I will not do anything stupid in the meanwhile. I will make a therapy appointment for this week.
Good idea. Limit yourself to one beer, one hour of video games, and one movie per day. Go to the gym and work yourself into exhaustion, but not enough to hurt yourself. Good luck and we will see you in August.

Glad to hear you're giving it a go. You might be surprised at how much of an impact it can have. I know I was, when I did it.

I've taken to assembling a group of browser tabs that contains only non-corporate news sites. Besides sites like The Seattle Stranger, there are others. Here's another one: Home • Washington State Standard You can find quite a few of these. Some contain old fashioned journalism, a rare thing these days. And then I have another group of tabs that have alternative news sites, and sites such as this one. Between these two groups, I sometimes forget to open any commercial news sites, which are a sewer of fear mongering and manipulation. Also, check out CBC radio in Canada, which you can stream on-line.

The first question one needs to ask is, why does anyone spend millions to induce me to believe some particular (alternative or over-simplified) fact? It's usually connected with money, perhaps something more complex than a profit motive. All I know is that Governor Inslee over in Washington State does not call me for advice on his daily challenges. If I write a letter or email to my representatives in Congress, I get a form letter back (if I get anything). They all tell me to go away, but they oh-so-much want me to click on some toxic slime that rots my brain.

As an ex drinker I can tell you that wasting time on the Internet is a whole lot like drinking. You end up not feeling so good, and you don't have anything to show for it afterward. I don't think many people appreciate just how the Internet media companies are the new cigarette companies. This time, they're giving us cancer of the brain.

New Threads

Top Bottom