• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Companion to Adora's movie thread: Most underrated *actors*?

Slithytoves

Oblique Strategist
I am really enjoying Adora's "underrated movie thread" and don't want to muck it up with a tangent.

So which actors/actresses do you think are sorely underrated, or have passed from contemporary memory though their work was great?

My picks are Oliver Reed and Rod Steiger. Both were very mannered actors, but man, they could act. Steiger got much more recognition in his day. Sadly, Oliver Reed never really got full credit for his work. It was a shame he died during the making of Gladiator. I think that role might have revived his career.

Stephen Lang and Jeff Daniels. Apart from their individual brilliance in so many wide-ranging roles, they both shined together in another underrated film called "Gettysburg".

MV5BMjE4NzYwNTc5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQzOTUyNw@@._V1_SY317_CR9,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

MV5BODA3MDI4NDcxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTgyMzY1._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Two tragically opposing points of view...delivered with some magnificent acting:

Stephen Lang, "Gods and Generals"

Jeff Daniels, "Gettysburg"

Last edited:
Stephen Lang and Jeff Daniels. Apart from their individual brilliance in so many wide-ranging roles, they both shined together in another underrated film called "Gettysburg".

Two tragically opposing points of view...delivered with some magnificent acting:

Both are fine actors, and both are good films. My oldest friend is an American Civil War enthusiast and admirer of Michael and Jeffrey Shaara. Thanks to her, I've been to a lot of battlefields/re-enactments and read a lot of good books. I used to groan when she suggested yet another road trip back in time. Now I miss going and look back on them fondly.

Have you seen Jeff Daniels in The Newsroom? What a great character/performance!

Tilda Swinton strikes me as another underrated actor. Like Cate Blanchett, she can do anything.

Have you seen Jeff Daniels in The Newsroom? What a great character/performance!

Only bits and pieces. Enough to want to see the series very much...but I don't have any premium channels.

Tilda Swinton is probably my favorite actor, I remember watching Orlando like about 10 times.
John Hurt, I remember watching 1984 over and over and being really moved by his acting.
Tim Curry

New Threads

Top Bottom