• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Courteous Loners

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I was out running errands when I passed this car. Printed on the side was the phrase, "Courtesy Loaner".

I chuckled a little, smiled, nodded, and whispered to myself, "Courteous Loner. Yup, same. Or at least I try to be kind."

As aspies, we're not all that sociable, but for the most part, the aspies I've met have been helpful and sweet "Courteous Loners".

1725642134681.png

Last edited:
I initially misread the title of the thread.

Courteous Lovers would have been an entirely different topic.

I initially misread the title of the thread.

Courteous Lovers would have been an entirely different topic.
LOL....."ditto". :D

Though thank goodness for those courteous loaners and courtesy shuttle vans. Otherwise being at the mercy of the cost of a taxi just to have a car serviced. That's a big deal. :)

the aspies I've met have been helpful and sweet "Courteous Loners"
Why thanks for the compliment. And it's nice to know I'm not the only courteous loner who snickers at cars and license plates. "007 drk". R u dark or a dork? 😲

I don't mind being alone sometimes, but I long for a partner. I'm not gonna join dating sites because these NT types probably wouldn't be interested. From my experience, if you date people with learning difficulties, they're a better match. However, you may find each other's wants and needs are on a different scale, because not everyone is the same.

Taxi is nuts these days. I'm at a festival and the cab from the hotel downtown was $20 each way. I'm not sure of the distance but not far. Barely long enough for a song on the radio. Glad the next few nights there is a courtesy shuttle to and from downtown

New Threads

Top Bottom