• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Describe your fantasy world

Kempy

When I lay in bed at night, I like to visit my own fantasy world. I have had a few different ones over the years but they normally revolve around myself and others I know, with similar interests to me and living as outcasts in some kind of remote location. These fantasy worlds normally include other things I am interested in, like there might be a runway in the grounds of where me and my friends are living so I can fly my imaginary plane. Also, we normally live in a tree house or something exciting that we have build ourselves.

My current fantasy involves me and some of my friends living in a tree house in the middle of remote woodland. It is a large tree house that allows us to work on filming and editing my films, as well as there being a room where we can practice and record our music.

Of course, even with all the money in the world this would still be a fantasy because I do not have any friends who would want to live like this.

I live in The Land Of Mew.

Everyone there is a Cat, no two cats are alike,
Cats of all sized shapes and colours.

No war, ever.

We live peacefully in a feline community,
and there are other feline communities who
live peacefully amongst the others.

We may be a small island in the Pacific, but
we are happy and peaceful.

There are fat cats, skinny cats, midsized ones,
fluffly ones, tall ones, short ones, sleek ones, brown ones, white ones,
black ones, orange ones, tan ones, cream coloured ones
peach ones, even blue ones and green and purple ones,
some are multicoloured in dots and stripes, all beautiful
kinds of Cats.

They all have their own type matched jobs and very little
poverty, and the disabled are cared for and never taken
advantage of.

If you cannot grow up, you don't forced to and you
can be a kitten as long as you need to be.

There are no rules to how one lives their own lives
so lon g as they harm no other Cat in doing so.

Wow, that was beautiful. I have a feeling that this is going to be an interesting thread.

I have my own fantasies. One is that I am life and soul of the party and I turn heads when I enter da club, for all the right reasons of course. And that I am house sharing with my real life close friends and we all get on and get up to some wacky stuff. I can turn myself into a mermaid at will. I am some primatologist that studies a group of chimps and become close friends with them and the connection lasts years. I am a famous singer and I'm being interviewed on johnathon ross about my up and coming single.

Of course real life is much more boring and naff than that. And I am not the life and soul of the party, I do not turn heads I am ignored, I am not house sharing because I have not enough money to even get a car, mermaids are mythical, it would take years to train as a primatologist and I can't sing.

Sadly, I don't have a world of my own that I can retreat to. My "Autistic" world was shattered at age three. The doctors told my relatives to bust the bubble if they wanted me to have any kind of "normal" life, so that is why I don't have a world to retreat to. I am stuck living in the real world and dealing with real world issues.

I can dream, but only when I go to bed. Sometimes a day dream, but only for a second or two.

Oh... you guys aren't talking about that. Never mind. :S I feel kind of embarrassed now. >_<; Sorry, continue on with y'all discussing. :S

My fantasy world is so simple.

Dressed in no less than a pair of purple Kobe Phenom shorts after I woke up, I prepared to work in my home's private basketball court by wearing Kobe La Mamba Tee, Zoom Kobe V (I have the choice of all the coolest and snazziest clothes in town, particularly but not limited to soccer stuff, basketball clothes and American football gear)... With my stereo and iPod And I am practising basketball all day long before I settle for a hearty meal of cornflakes, bagels, Dunking Donuts' donuts, Subway submarines and Domino's pizza.

I mostly fantasize about having alot of kids, me being pregnant and what I want my kids to look like. Well, in my fantasy world, everything is free! No racism, there is freedom and peace , everything is already provided and people are awesome! I get lost in my fantasies to the point that I cannot distinguish what is real and what's not. I'm trying to stop myself from fantasizing/dreaming because no matter how nice they are , it will never happen simply because it's not the reality....but i just can't help it (dreaming free anyway)

Are there Escapist over here?

The world of the internet and every cool person I've meet on the internet happens to be in one world, like sims or even imvu but with more flavour.

Then being stuck on the love island for my honeymoon, it would be so beautiful with me and my girlfriend.

I don't know if this is starting to drift, but my original question referred to the fantasy world that you are able to retreat to as part of your autistic mind.

I have to retreat sometimes. I guess I don't
havealot of control when it happens, but it
does happen when I'm by myself mostly.

If I don't retreat, I malfunction more and more
until I cannot function at all.

I get exhausted if I can't retreat to my own world. General everyday life just seems mentally exhausting sometimes.

I’m so happy someone created this thread! I wanted my response to be perfect, so I’ve spent the past couple of days debating on the best way to describe my imagination to others. It’s difficult to put my thoughts into words, but I’ll try my best. I apologize in advance for the textwall, but hopefully someone will read all of this and find it interesting/amusing.

The basic premise of my imaginary world is this: the White Queen (from Alice in Wonderland) is in power, but the Red Queen and her minions (my imaginary “enemies”) are trying to revolt and rise to power once again. Since the White Queen made a vow never to harm any living thing, she recruits “champions” to go on missions and fight on her behalf. That’s where me and my imaginary friends come in - we are the White Queen’s champions.

My imaginary friends/enemies aren’t only from the Alice movie, though - they come from other movies too, including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Pirates of the Caribbean, Princess Bride and Cutthroat Island. Some of them, particularly a lot of our enemies, are original characters, including one I developed almost entirely during a dream.

Anyway, they all have fighting styles/abilities that reflect some aspect of themselves from their respective movies. Many of them already had fighting styles/abilities in canon, but for other characters such as Willy Wonka, I had to make up a fighting style for them (for Willy, it is that his body is actually made entirely of candy, so that he can melt and harden various parts of his body into weapons and shields).

We go to war almost every day. But nobody ever actually dies, and neither side really wins or loses. There are victories, but as the saying goes, “you may have won the battle but not the war!” And in case you’re worried that my imaginary friends are shell-shocked and traumatized, I’ve got comforting words for you: the entire thing is played out in my mind like a light-hearted fantasy/adventure video game or anime. In other words, very cartoon-like, so nothing is taken too seriously, at least by me in real life. The characters themselves tend to take their jobs seriously, but that’s to be expected. We do get days off though - typically entailing activities such as going to the beach, shopping, having slumber parties and just relaxing at our base of operations.

I’ve talked about the characters, but what about the setting? Most of it takes place in a typical fairytale village like the one seen in Princess Bride. The forest looks like the one seen in Wonderland, and the beach/ocean events take place in a typical pirate setting as the ones seen in PotC and Cutthroat Island. Then there are 2 alternate universes, futuristic and oriental, where the characters have fighting styles and costumes according to those typical of what one would expect to find in those settings.

Last edited:
Wow, thats pretty intense, with a lot of different versions of Johnny Depp. It sounds like you have a very strong imagination. I'm glad you shared it with us.

New Threads

Top Bottom