• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you do this when people call you names?

Kit

When people call me names like ignorant or ass or jerk or stupid, etc. I quit cooperating and do the opposite what I do.

Meadow who sent me a nasty email about my Temple Grandin post I did at AFF, I told her I wasn't going to help her get on WP and she can do it herself. I also told her "why should I care or understand if I am ignorant, stupid, jerk and an ass?" I throw it back at them.

Yes- in most contexts.
I think most people do.
Or sometimes I'll smile just to irritate them.
EMZ=]

I tend to do that alot... :lol: and sometimes I act like I get on with them but then I end up saying a few sneaky comments... Strangely enough, I haven't had to go through it with anyone on WP funny enough because i'm most the times in the games section. :thumbsup:

I do that too. Even once with my bf and his mother because I wasn't thinking right and didn't understand that as a matter of fact they WEREN'T bossing me around; I had the choice of whether to go visit their relatives or not but if I went they didn't want me dressing a certain way.

I really don't think this has anything to do with AS.
It's sort of like, 'Sometimes does water come running out of your eyes when you're extremely upset?'. It's not some sort of idiosyncrasy- everybody does it.
I'm saying because there's been several threads recently where all I can think is, 'Point?'
EMZ=/

It's not really the point of my message.
It's more there just seems to be lots of pointless topics and posts, which just make the forum hard to navigate, IMO.
I find it irritating anyway. I can't really speak for anyone else, but past experience would indicate other members of a forum would be too.
EMZ=]

Maybe Emor means that we should talk about general discussion things in the General Discussion forums.

Something mildly interesting?
Sorry.
I just don't see the point in the thread.
Either it'll just be a load of stories ranting about how much we get called names, which in the end of the day will just make us mad at the world and hating our selves.
Or 5-10 posts saying, 'yeah, lol'.
IDK.
Maybe I'm wrong and others find this a genuinely interesting topic.
I just find that unlikely.
IMO(and only IMO), one only really makes a topic about something like this when there's hardly any topics.
But the truth is, it's actually hard to keep up to date with all of them, and loads of subjects with rather boring questions and no replies, or like 5 topics with the same theme(i.e depression) and only one gets replies, or like 5 topics which only pertain to one person which no one else can relate to(with, evidently, no replies)- it just makes it all a lot harder to navigate around.
Sorry to be so critical, but it's not something new. It's been getting on my nerves. I'm just assuming that feeling is shared with other members.
EMZ=]

I think the topic is valid.

One of the things about having AS is that we don't always know the right way to interact with people. Talking about the day-to-day stuff that we have problems with seems to me to be as important as anything else. We aren't here to fix the world or solve the mysteries of the universe, as interesting as that may be.

I think the topic is valid.

One of the things about having AS is that we don't always know the right way to interact with people. Talking about the day-to-day stuff that we have problems with seems to me to be as important as anything else. We aren't here to fix the world or solve the mysteries of the universe, as interesting as that may be.
It's impossible to cover every aspect, and if we try to, it's just gonna end up clogging up the board/forum.
IMO.
IDK, maybe you make a better point.
EMZ=]

Emor, just don't read this fricken thread if it bothers you so much. You replied to it eariler and now you are turning against it by complaining?

Alex has a thing about talking about other members and well I can't always talk about my issues there or else I am breaking a rule. But I eventually found another way to post this question without having it break the rules. I decided to use my mom as an example for how she threw it back at her mother when she was a teenager. I notice members there break rules anyway because they find ways to talk about their issues but they either leave it vague or they take out names and names of the forums they are talking about and the mods seem to okay that. They probably don't know is why and just as another name of the forum isn't mentioned, I think they are okay by that. Maybe I should start doing that here?

When people call me names like ignorant or ass or jerk or stupid, etc. I quit cooperating and do the opposite what I do.

Meadow who sent me a nasty email about my Temple Grandin post I did at AFF, I told her I wasn't going to help her get on WP and she can do it herself. I also told her "why should I care or understand if I am ignorant, stupid, jerk and an ass?" I throw it back at them.

Yes, I think.

~Midna

I'm not sure. But it doesn't happen a lot. I don't often get called names unless I was in the wrong, and then what's the point in throwing it back at them?

I'm not sure. But it doesn't happen a lot. I don't often get called names unless I was in the wrong, and then what's the point in throwing it back at them?
You do have a good point there... It normally does get to the point of escalating to the worst point as possible and could make you lose against the bully whoever called you names...

You could try and not react to that and think its funny, you're probably surprise them that you ain't reacting to it. :lol:

I usually go completely insane when someone calls me a name to the point I'm not able to get my point across and I feel like my ability to explain anything has been taken away. Especially if its something about me that I just can't change, which makes me feel trapped. I get called names A LOT. Everyone just calls me "weird" all the time and everything I say people laugh at no matter how serious I'm being. That's the real obnoxious pain to me having Asperger's.

I usually go completely insane when someone calls me a name to the point I'm not able to get my point across and I feel like my ability to explain anything has been taken away. Especially if its something about me that I just can't change, which makes me feel trapped. I get called names A LOT. Everyone just calls me "weird" all the time and everything I say people laugh at no matter how serious I'm being. That's the real obnoxious pain to me having Asperger's.

I'm the exact same with, I have problem with my speech but my parents don't notice it, really, especially my Dad. I replace words for other words, sometimes I make words up. Uusually because I forget or don't know the correct for word to say, so I make fun of myself, because sometimes it happens on it's own. Man, I hate my life!

~Midna

Name calling is childish and just shows your ignorance to people, if it happens to me these days I usually just

leave.

If they deserve it, I'm usually very good at twisting their insult back at them in a more than unpleasant way. That or i'll push any other buttons I know of. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom