• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have problems with fear?

Syfmsl

space and cats :3
When something happens i can get in fear and just get paralyzed, start to see things, hear things, have breathing difficulties and other things. Do you feel something like this?

It sounds kind of like a panic attack. I don't know about the seeing and hearing things, but the difficulty breathing I used to get when having panic attacks. That, and racing heartbeat ... felt like I was gonna die. Have you seen a counselor about this problem?

This happens to me a lot at night or in social situations.
I just get overwhelmed at times.

Panic attacks give me breathing issues, but not the other things you listed. When I'm scared I get more sensitive to the sounds around me, and quicker to assume an unexplained noice is something bad. My imagination can run away with me, but is what you're describing more serious than this?

It does sound like a panic attack. I have them from time to time and it feels like an out of control sense of dread with the world closing in around my head also like am going through a tunnel. I don't see things, but become very aware of what I do see.

It's a very claustrophobic feeling for me.

Aside from the panic attacks, I do tend to be a consummate worrier. I have a tendency to over think everything.

I experience chest tightness, knotted stomach and dry mouth when my anxiety gets bad. A few times I've had it so bad that I could barely stand up, eat, or otherwise function normally.

I've dealt with serious anxiety at various times (no doubt, I will again). That sounds like a panic attack. I have certain situations that cause a lot of anxiety for me, as well as periods of time where it just seems like I'm always dealing with it. I've found tools that help with both and have managed to avoid medication for a long time because it's been under control with various techniques, like breathing and self talk.

Generally, a panic attack, for me, includes trouble breathing, tightness, shaking, and nausea. I'm also more sensitive to all the things that cause sensory issues for me, so anything can make it worse or turn it into a meltdown (which is so much more fun--not).

Things that really bother me include:
~Going somewhere I've never been before (unpredictable, I don't know where things are and tend to get turned around and lost very easily)
~Events where there will be a lot of people (lots of sensory overload and it's very easy for me to lose the people I'm supposed to be with)
~Situations where I've had a bad experience in the past (like the dentist because the one I had as a kid was awful)

There's only one subject that really does that to me and I know it's simply PTSD. My other fears and anxieties are fairly manageable.

I have problems when not having it when I should. I don't have enough respect for authority, and frequently journey into situations that I know are both physically and socially dangerous.

New Threads

Top Bottom