• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone know please

Aspergers_Aspie

Does anyone know please if I can make a freedom of information request for the autism charity I'm registered with? And if so how I make one? I ask as one of the deputy managers said I am having too many one to ones. I want to ask if possible how many on average a service user has had. I had my application for funding for a social worker turned down, despite being suicidal several times and I went to hospital. And despite me being on medications for low mood depression and sleep problems. These meds don't always seem to work, I've told my mental health nurse this and that I regularly call helplines but my meds or dosages have not changed

According to

https://www.foi.scot/who-can-i-ask
charities are generally not subject to FOI in Scotland, with rare exceptions.

That being stated...

1. Many charities publish annual reports providing highlights of their work. It's possible that the information you seek might be available there.

(e.g. If a report mentioned 4000 registered clients and that they provided 9200 1:1 advice sessions that year, then one could calculate an average of 2.3 sessions per client that year.)

2. Even if the information isn't subject to FOI or otherwise publicly available, you could try asking nicely. One key thing when asking for data is to include a reference time frame (e.g. "in the calendar year 2023")

Does anyone know please if I can make a freedom of information request for the autism charity I'm registered with? And if so how I make one? I ask as one of the deputy managers said I am having too many one to ones. I want to ask if possible how many on average a service user has had. I had my application for funding for a social worker turned down, despite being suicidal several times and I went to hospital. And despite me being on medications for low mood depression and sleep problems. These meds don't always seem to work, I've told my mental health nurse this and that I regularly call helplines but my meds or dosages have not changed
They won't change the dosage unless you become much better or you actually have suicided as i did, even then they won't give you more than two weeks worth, they only really believe in talk therapy for long times,you have to contact a disability solicitor as they are not accommodating your neurology you see a social once and that's it its an autism caseworker who should be helping you

New Threads

Top Bottom